SASS Wire Forum

Dermatologist Visit

Henry T Harrison

I just got back from my semi annual visit to my Dermatologist. With the exception of a few pre-cancerous spots that she froze off everything was good this time.

Malignant Melanoma is nothing to play with. Treated early it is almost 100% curable in the doctors office. Ignored it is almost 100% fatal. There is no excuse for being one of the fatalities. A simple 15 minute skin check is all it takes to prevent something so easy to treat from becoming tragically terminal .

Don't let something so easy to treat become a problem because seeing a Dermatologist is inconvenient or embarrassing. Terminal Cancer is even more inconvenient.

I've had Malignant Melanomas removed three times now and without annual or in my case semi annual exams I would be dead. Do yourself and your loved ones a favor get checked and get checked at least once a year.

Your words are sensible, your advice is sound!

Thank you for speaking up, this is every bit as important as you've said!

I had a couple burned off and also had a bad spot removed from my neck a couple years ago!!!:o

Had my appointment yesterday as well, go every year, sometimes good, sometimes not, have had things froze and have been cut on a few times, yesterday he found a spot on my right side of neck so he scraped it for testing, if it turns out bad I go back for more scraping and cutting with a bigger area, hope it turns out ok, I remember my right shoulder didn't and basically he cut it out pretty big, wasn't happy about it but it beat the alternative.

I regret in my youth of being a sun worshipper and even into my 30's, paying for it now, I use sun screen now and especially when I ride the bike, started going to the doctor in my 40's and go every year, it is good to know to catch this stuff early.

All for now JD Trampas

Been going twice a year for 3 years. Each time they remove a few suspect spots. Got asked if I wanted to go to an annual visit. I replied that if I can go 6 months and they not find anything, I would consider it. 

I go to the VA in Madison.

Archived