SASS Wire Forum

FS Non-SASS M1D Garand , DCM Sale SOLD

Sgt. Saywut

SOLD

This is a beauty from my collection, but I haven’t shot it at all in the time I’ve owned it, so it’s up for sale.

This M1D Garand is based on a SA receiver with the SN 856XXX, and it sports a D7312555 barrel dated S-A-9-52 with MW/TE numbers of 2 and 3, respectively. The USGI stock is a very nice one with serif P proof and SA over RA cartouche, but no other markings. Some of the parts markings are as follow:

Elevation knob DRC
Windage knob NHC
Trigger housing 7SA
Hammer 7SA
Safety SA_11
Op rod 3 SA cut
Lock screw “O”

The USGI M84 scope is a Libby Owens Ford unit in good condition with a forked scratch approximately 1/4” long on the tube. The glass is good, with a speck of sealant in the upper right quadrant. Both adjustment caps are intact, as well as the rubber eye piece and sunshield. The scope mount is in a shiny whitish sealed fabric pouch, dated 1-71. The accessories include a USGI cheek pad stamped MRT 10-52, a Hart M2 stamped flash hider, a web sling bearing a 1952 MRT ink stamp, a bore brush, cleaning rod kit, broken shell extractor, and a plastic oil storage tube. The rifle will come with a redacted CMP letter confirming it was sold by the DCM in 1995.  No other paperwork. 

Overall, the rifle is in very good condition and would be a solid example of a Service Grade M1D with all the accessories. These packages don’t come along often, and the price is right. Treat yourself or your SO to a Christmas gift ;)

My price is $2700 shipped insured in a CMP hard case, in a cardboard shipping box. FFL to FFL in the CONUS.  No sale where prohibited, sorry - you need to make sure of that. 

I’ll consider trades for a pair of reproduction Model No. 3 Schofields in 38 or 45 Colt with 5” barrels, a pair of Ruger NMV Bisleys, a 12-gauge CB97, Lassiterized 1887 with drop two mod, or SKB 100, or a 20” pistol-grip Uberti or Miroku 1873 in 357 or 45 Colt.   What I really want are the Schofields, as I’ve been looking for a nice used pair for a while now. 

Here are a few pics. If you’re serious about buying or trading for this rifle, PM me with your email address and I’ll send you more pics.  Thanks for looking. 

08A57E00-A086-4E20-B116-4A50E6427659.jpeg

75FB5FF5-6201-4AE0-A9EC-1C2D1040B5EB.jpeg

9782F92C-B1AF-4970-9946-3CF860DE155A.jpeg

8A44339D-E08A-48DC-B7C8-ACB79E977E8A.jpeg

If did not already have an M1D this one would me mine right now. Great rifle and accessories for a Great price! I purchased another rifle from this seller and the transaction went very smooth.

Scout

Archived