SASS Wire Forum

evil dogooder

Ok you have 1000 you must spend on a gun.

The rules . Can't be a edc. Or to use in competition of any sort.   

What would you get? 

This is surprisingly difficult for me.  I don’t have a lot of firearms compared to many of you, but I’m pretty satisfied with what I have.

Maybe a Winchester Model 52, .22 LR target rifle.   I shot on the ROTC rifle team in high school.  The top shooters used 52s; I could only afford a Remington 513T. I was jealous.  Nothing like scratching an itch that has been there for 55 years!  :D

Not quite... I've shot to guns that were absolutely no fun! And will not shoot again.    Granted they were both elephant guns

Of course virtual... who would actually but a gun... Why you would be murdered in your sleep:P

1 hour ago, Calico Mary said:

I would answer you, but I'm afraid Allie and Pat would immediately go rope shopping......:blink:

Been thinking about those cat guns again huh

That  $1000 would only serve as the downpayment for my fun gun want...

:o

11 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

no hun....get yer mind inta tha gutter.....:rolleyes:

An innocent angel like me doesn't know how to get ones mind in the gutterB)

22 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

That  $1000 would only serve as the downpayment for my fun gun want...

:o

Is that as in the gun you would like costs one whole heckuva lot more? Or, like Lays potato chips, you can't stop at one?

34 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

Not quite... I've shot to guns that were absolutely no fun! And will not shoot again.    Granted they were both elephant guns

You'd be really happy to shoot them . . . . if you had an elephant in front of you.

Speaking of elephant guns, another possibility would be a Winchester Model 70 or a CZ 550 in .458 Winchester Magnum. Just because I think showing a friend a rifle and saying ".458 Winchester Magnum" sounds cool. NOT ".458 Win Mag." It needs to be said in full.

I’d buy that stainless Old Army from Mudflat Mike over in the classifieds.

Ruger #1 in 7-08 with a shnabel forend and a monte carlo stock.

I'd look for a good Swedish CG63 target rifle with diopter sights 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser. $600-800.

But I have to admit, those two 1885 Winchester High Wall in 375 H&H sure was pretty....You could always load it in BP and lead bullets to pretend its a hopped up 38-55/375 Winchester. They wanted $1100, but on last day of year, cost sale store wide....

A decent original Model 71 is way outta $1000 budget......I'd want it with a proper period Redfield Peep sight and a box of Winchester Silvertip 250s.

I would buy a S&W model 27 Classic. Sure it’s not an original and it has the lock but that is fine with me. If I couldn’t find one of those I would go for a model 25 Classic.

10 hours ago, DocWard said:

Is that as in the gun you would like costs one whole heckuva lot more? Or, like Lays potato chips, you can't stop at one?

Just one.

This one. :D

serveimage (2).jpeg

I know a small town police department that swapped two Thompson's, identical to the one Dantankerous posted, for new light bars for three squad cars. The chief said he hadn't seen them used in 30 years, but they used light bars everyday. I did get to shoot one before they were gone.

Archived