SASS Wire Forum

What's going on in the forth corner?

Hardcase Hardin

I've found recent posts about happenings in the

-Southwest

-Northwest

-Southeast

Ain't nobody from the Northeast here?  I've found 3 clubs in Maine and know the Maine State champs are crowned in Sanford.  The NE Regionals are New Hampshire, several clubs all over the Northeast that  hope to visit when I get home for good (I have a school mate in central NY).   

But nary a note, that I've seen about happenings round the upper right corner of our great United States.

I even emailed the PoC for one club a couple weeks ago and haven't heard a peep.

Anyone out there?

Howdy

The 'regionals' you speak of are State matches. New Hampshire, Maine, and the Tri-State that happens in Mass and is the state match for Mass, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. The Great Nor'easter was on hiatus last year, but it happened again this year past year in July. That is a Regional for all of New England and anybody else who cares to show up.

Other than that, most of the clubs in these parts shut down over the winter and start up again in the spring.

Hey Driftwood, I know you have not yet taken up our invitations to shoot in Vermont, but we do have a State Shoot anyway.  :D

As for what we are doing in Vermont now, we're waiting for spring!  There should be a foot of snow by now in St. Johnsbury, but there isn't.  Look us up for a shoot on Memorial Day Weekend.  

6 or 7 years ago I attended a match in Maine. Unwelcoming, unfriendly and off-putting people. Turned me off to SASS until this past February when I stopped at the SASS table at the Great American Outdoor Show in PA. The guy and gals there were very friendly, we chatted about SASS and black powder guns (he was wearing a pair of walkers) for about a half hour. He gave me a copy of the cowboy chronical and talked me into attending just one more match and giving SASS a second chance. I wish I knew who he was so I could thank him...

I found this on a hunt for NE CAS  http://www.northeastcas.com/  which is what I was going by in my initial remarks.  It shows a NH club hosting the 2018 Regional.  A lot of options if one wants to travel.  I was glad to see 2 clubs within an hour of Bangor.

Driftwood & Doc great to hear from you.  Understand completely the need to close down for the winter.  Hard to shoot when the targets are under a few feet of snow and nobody wants to go reset em anyway.  Would enjoy hearing some of the past season's happenings and what's on the stove for the Spring.  Maybe work together on representing our neck-o-the woods more.  Will be back in Maine workin on my shanty in Apr/May and want to get out to a few shoots before I hop back over The Pond.

Yeah Broomstick, New Englanders can be a strange bunch sometimes.  Takes awhile for em to warm up us southerners sometimes.  New Hampshire is considered "The Deep South" by Mainers, btw.  But you'd think in this day and age it'd be different, especially if you want to promote your sport to help it grow.

8 hours ago, Mink Shoals Bandit, #49388 said:

Someone told me that West Virginia and Virginia are in the Northeast Region/ Division/ Area ??   LOL........   Have never seen a "map" of it....

http://www.sassnet.com/Downloads/SactioningMap-CURRENT.pdf

Archived