SASS Wire Forum

Great Apple Store support

Amarillo Rattler

My 4 years old iMac slowly failed. With many pushes of the back button, it could be started, but then shut down after the session ended. Then when started, it shut down in seconds.

Off to the local Apple Store, and the floor tech agreed with me it was likely the power supply. Estimate was $145 done in 2 days. The iMac was 3 years out of warranty.

That day a message was received, the new power supply did not fix it. A new estimate of $450 to replace the logic board.

Called every 2 days and got frustrated with explanations of why the logic board had not been shipped. 10 days later was told the logic board was being shipped, over night delivery, Next day I was told the logic board had been received and I would receive a 50% discount due to long delays. That was OK.

Next day I was told the new logic board did no fix the problem and

I would get a new, later generation, iMac free of charge, in compensation for the frustrations of 15 days.

WAHOO and Apple brand loyalty forever.

Amarillo Rattler

Well, that's encouraging. This I-Mac is fairly long in the tooth as well. Last one that had a bigger screen had the logic board fail. Had his one sitting in SIL's room, updated the OS and it's been humming along fairly well. Both were bought used, so no warranty.:blush:

Archived