SASS Wire Forum

Baikel Shotguns

Jackaroo, # 29989

Anyone know who supplies or makes Baikel sxs firing pins?

Model 43

Jackaroo, I had an issue with my Bakail, left barrel  would not fire about 1/2 of the time. I cleaned it, no help. Was thinking it may be a firing pin problem, but discovered no pins available. I had the reciever off and put the whole thing in my sonic cleaner. Big cloud of crud came out. Ran it thru couple of cycles, oiled it up, and presto, problem fixed! Unless you just know it’s a broken pin try this before giving up on the Shotgun.

13 hours ago, Hoss said:

Jackaroo, I had an issue with my Bakail, left barrel  would not fire about 1/2 of the time. I cleaned it, no help. Was thinking it may be a firing pin problem, but discovered no pins available. I had the reciever off and put the whole thing in my sonic cleaner. Big cloud of crud came out. Ran it thru couple of cycles, oiled it up, and presto, problem fixed! Unless you just know it’s a broken pin try this before giving up on the Shotgun.

Nice !

On 11/23/2017 at 4:51 PM, LQ Jones said:

They are part of the hammer assembly(integral) and non replaceable.

LQ

In the single trigger Baikals the firing pin is separate from the hammer. The one piece hammer can be fixed by a good machinist or gunsmith. Parts for purchase are extremely hard to find.

Thanks,

Johnny M.

18 hours ago, LQ Jones said:

Why do you think the single trigger firing pin arrangement is different from the double trigger ? Curious, I haven't had one of those apart yet.

LQ

Not wanting to sound like a smart A--; Johnny is the go to guy for anything to do with Baikals. Ask anyone who runs his Baikals after he's worked them over. He's been working over and on the Baikal shotguns since they 1st hit the US.

This is the firing pin. 

image.jpeg

Archived