SASS Wire Forum

Retiring from Marlin work

Widder, SASS #59054

This may not be worthy of Wire posting but I needed to at least share with my Wire pards.

I'm gona 'retire' from actively working on Marlin 1894's.    I've committed to doing only a couple after the first of the year and those Cowboys already know who they are. BUT, I have decided to slow down a little and enjoy a little more of my retirement with less time being spent working on Marlins.

I will still be available for ALL the phone calls and emails where I can help others with questions or solve an issue.   But my actual 'hands on' involvement will be very little.

I still plan to work with the Henry .22 lever rifles.   They are not as time consuming or in such demand that it take up all my free time.

And I still plan to jump on the wire with some of my well known SASS Pards trying to help others with Marlin issues.

AND, I hope to create a video in the next 2-3 months to help others have a better understanding of the Marlin timing and how it relates to the 'Marlin Jam'.

Until then, just remember the first and best advice that Lumpy usually gives on all Marlin issues........"Make sure all your screws are tight".

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

..........Widder

Say it isn't so... now who am I going to send everybody to?  Lol

Best of luck in your retirement sir 

But I just shipped six to you! I know I forgot to tell you but they should be there Friday or so. Some even look like they have most of the parts ! Should be a quick job for you. THEN you can take a break.    :D

47 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Until then, just remember the first and best advice that Lumpy usually gives on all Marlin issues........"Make sure all your screws are tight".

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

..........Widder

Lumpy is a good judge of loose screws, him havin a couple or three hisownself.

;);)

kR

Hey Widder ,,, Now you has time to plan to come a shootin out here with Me ...

Plan on 3 weeks shooting should allow us the take in a 2 day , three day shoot and a 4 day shoot....

We could also do some fishing ...

Mid August 2018 through to Sept. 7 or so ....

You will have FUN !!!

Jabez Cowboy

There are a number of invaluable sources on the wire for information, advice and courteous assistance.  Widder has always been at the top of that heap - the wire owes him a debt that we can never repay.

Widder, since you will now have some free time...

You can take advantage of that Eldorado shoot I offered you.

Enjoy your well earned rest, my friend.

God bless and enjoy your free time .

Rooster 

Retire???? And have time to practice with the 97, absolutely not. You might get good with it. Dang it all.   So that will leave you more time to come to Wartrace, not such a bad thing. Have fun Widder

Imis

Sorry guys this Widder retiring thing is all my fault.....

I got way too close to beatin' ol' Widder this year with the 97, so he's got to find more time to practice, the Marlin work was just eatin' up his valuable 97 practice time.

Gotta hand it to him, he's got his priorities in order.....keep workin' on Marlins and let a long haired country boy whooop him with the 97....or....retire from fixin' Marlins and remain the king of the 97.  

Marlins......97's......Henry's......doesn't matter, Widder's the man!

Congrats my friend!!!

Widder is good pard and very dedicated to making sure any Marlin that left the bunkhouse would perform as best as could be. For about 10yrs we spent many a lunch break discussing CAS, speed pistol & speed shotgun, the ins & outs of the Marlin rifle and many of life's moments. Although I do not miss full time employment, I sure miss those lunch times. No doubt, Widder worked on Marlins with complete dedication and shared his knowledge through the wire, videos and many phone calls and emails. But, some rifles sure could get him upside down to the point of going to bed thinking about them and waking up still trying to find that special adjustment to make them purr. Wish you well my friend and keep the pressure on those want-to-be '97 shooters.

Vaya con Dios Amigo, Keystone

I don't know what to think about this,,, it's like finding out Santa was really your uncle,, it can't be true!! but, alas,,, good luck Widder and enjoy the time with your lovely wife, and kiss her hand more often,,,

Enjoy your retirement and thanks for all you have done to help those of us that love our Marlins.

Widder---Thank you so much for all your help with Marlins. Please enjoy your retirement. Happy Thanksgiving and will talk to 'ya soon.

Eyesa

Add me to those who wish you well in future endeavors.

While I shoot '73's, your marlin fixes and how too's are always amongst the first things I look for on the Wire.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Some of you are VERY KIND with your comments and well wishes.    Thank you.

But I'll still be here on the Wire and reachable by phone and email.   And I won't shun away from helping someone with issues (if possible) at matches, etc... 

I just won't be actively working on them as part of my daily functions.

As for Red Knee, if anyone can send him some Kryptonite vitamins, they might help him a little.    He'll get his 4th chance at revenge next year at the Southwest Regional..... :D 

And I do owe Keystone a heart felt thanks for all his patience while listening to me rant about Marlin factory issues, etc.....  He's a great Pard.

I'm glad that he and I were able to retire at about the same time.

Again, thanks to everyone.   We will continue to visit around the lunch table, otherwise known at the SASS Wire.

And as Barney Fife sez:   "Keep a good thought".

..........Widder

How can I say thank you enough for ALL of your help Widder. You are not just a great gunsmith, you are one of those special people who make SASS what it is. Once the holidays are over we can talk about that darn lever plunger spring...You earned the right to step away from those gremlins that hide deep in some of our Marlins.

hope you don't wear out those 97's too fast with all that extra practice time;)

Wyatt Hurts

Widder, is good folks! 

Widder is, good folks!

Widder is good, folks!

True statement no matter how you slice it! ;)

Kajun

On 11/23/2017 at 11:04 AM, Wyatt said:

Translation: That applies to everyone but me.............right? ;)

Sorry Wyatt... it applies to everyone but ME!! See, I give Widder HUGS...and an occasional peck on the CHEEK when he works on my Marlins....or buys lead, or is on my posse or is at the same match as me... heck, even Tommy refers to Widder as my “cowboy boyfriend”! 

Hugs (and cheek kisses), 

Scarlett:wub::wub:

Archived