SASS Wire Forum

Can someone direct me to Trail Boss Load Data

Neuse Rivers

I searched around google and I can't find any published min/max loads.  Closest I came on the Hodgdon site was:

"Find where the base of the bullet to be loaded is located in the case and make a mark on the outside of the case at this location.  Then fill the case to that mark with Trail Boss, pour into the scale pan and weigh.  This is your maximum load.  Pressures will be below the maximum allowed for this cartridge and perfectly safe to use!
Take 70% of this powder charge weight (multiply the maximum load from step 1 by .7), and that is your starting load.
Start with this beginning load and work up to your maximum charge, all the while searching for the most accurate reduced load.  Once found, the fun begins
"

But, when doing a search here on the Wire, several folks talk about loads referencing the load data.  But, I can't find it!

Can someone please let this lost soul know the web address for such data??   Thank you!

Go to https://www.hodgdon.com/

Click on I AGREE

Hover over products and select SMOKELESS POWDER and click

Select (click) TRAIL BOSS (second to last selection)

Under SAFETY DATA SHEET select your cartridge and click on GET RELOADING DATA

1 hour ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

Go to https://www.hodgdon.com/

Click on I AGREE

Hover over products and select SMOKELESS POWDER and click

Select (click) TRAIL BOSS (second to last selection)

Under SAFETY DATA SHEET select your cartridge and click on GET RELOADING DATA

Thank you, I was looking under "Reloading Data" which didn't include Trail Boss.  I'd never have found this.  Appreciate it.

12 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Use the formula from IMR. It shows you how to work up a TrailBoss load for ANY cartridge and bullet combination.

Sedalia posted the only web site you need to visit!  From IMR's own mouth they tell you how to determine the correct load for ANY cartridge.  Filling the case to bullet seating depth for the maximum load then taking 70% for a minimum load, it doesn't get any simpler OR better than this.  I've used this method for my 44-40, 45Colt and 357 cartridges for two years now and have covered the range from mild to about as much as you want to handle!

1 hour ago, Major Crimes said:

DW,

How many chambers are in that gun on your Signature:wacko:

Loading Colt 45.gif

Looks to be one of those B Western Specials 

that is the type that Gene and Roy used  every Saturday :lol:

OH! So NOW we know how Roy and Gene got off so many shots without reloading!!:D

Archived