SASS Wire Forum

Road Agent

Rye Miles #13621

I don't know if this was discussed before but for those of you who don't know about this, here it is:

Is it SASS legal???

Talk about a complicated invention for which there is little practical use.

Is it SASS legal???

Not for categories in which an external hammered (manually cocked) shotgun is one of the selections for the SG. 

GJ

I guess it depends on how reliable the decocking mechanism is, as well as the sear engagements with the auto-cocked hammer.  I'd want to be sure the gun wouldn't go off when the action is closed.  OTOH, I don't supposed it would be much different than cocking the hammers on a standard hammer gun before opening and closing the action.  Always the possibility of the hammers jarring off cock as the action is closed.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Talk about a complicated invention for which there is little practical use.

Not for categories in which an external hammered (manually cocked) shotgun is one of the selections for the SG. 

GJ

- Shotguns: SASS legal external hammer double barrel, single shot, or lever actions. External-hammer double barrel shotguns must have manually functioning hammers. Faux hammers and hammers that are cocked internally are illegal.

Okay but it is okay for other categories!

21 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

There's an article about this gun in the latest "Guns of the Old West"

That's where I first read about it! Seems like a well built gun but I don't know.............????

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That's where I first read about it! Seems like a well built gun but I don't know.............????

I'm with 'ya Rye on the "I don't know", it just looks way to modern for me. If 'ya want a hammer gun, get a hammer gun!;) No offense to anyone intended.

The places I shoot at, I'd get harassed to no end if I showed up with one of these, but then again I get harassed anyway, so what the hey??:lol:

What's this world comin' to? Self cocking hammered shotguns???? Next thing ya know, cowboys will be wantin' ta shoot their pistols usin' two hands.:wacko::D:P

17 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

What's this world comin' to? Self cocking hammered shotguns???? Next thing ya know, bovine persons will be wantin' ta shoot their pistols usin' two hands.:wacko::D:P

:P

My Interest ?

NONE !

Rooster 

Thanks for the info.  That's the one Rye.  I'm not sure either, just curious.

Archived