SASS Wire Forum

32 Cal. Henry Repeating Arms H012M327 Big Boy 20in Lever American Walnut Stock Blued

Charlie T Waite

Wanted to let everyone know that Henry has an alternative for those wanting to use the 32 H&R mag in a long gun - Since I didn't want to wait on a Marlin to become available; Just picked up this beauty, now the rifle caliber 32 H&R will match the pistol caliber 32 H&R at matches .  Has the same great Henry warranty and by shopping around you can pick one up for about 25+% off MSRP.  From a rest at 100 yds it was grouping 32 H&Rs at about 1"  It will fire 327 Fed (for Hunting), 32 H&R Mag, 32 S&W Long and 32 S&W Short in SASS matches - (I did test this out at the range).This one is steel weighing about 7 lbs, but they are also making it in the traditional Brass (H006M327) for about $50 more.  .

Henry Repeating Arms H012M327 Big Boy .327FED 20in Lever American Walnut Stock Blued for sale at Tombstone Tactical.

Now my impaired shoulder will feel beter during & after matches.

Charlie

I know that these are not popular with the CAS crowd for reasons I am sure a bunch of people are about to respond with.  But I am curious, with the tube magazine on these how do you reload a single shot quickly if you need to?

18 minutes ago, CurlyDrew42 said:

I know that these are not popular with the CAS crowd for reasons I am sure a bunch of people are about to respond with.  But I am curious, with the tube magazine on these how do you reload a single shot quickly if you need to?

Same as you do a Marlin.  Open the lever, toss in the round and close the lever.

Charlie, have you tried shooting this at SASS speeds?  Definitely interesting.

Through the ejection port same as if I was using the Winchester.  I also made some speed loaders for it using 3/8" Black Vinyl (Rubber) Round End Cap Cover for Pipe Plastic Tube Hub Caps Tubing and 3/8" Clear Vinyl shell feeder tubes from LEE Reloading.  Since I was using something similar to load a Henry 45 Colt these work fast and I can reload the tube faster than someone could hand-load a Winchester.  The recoil on this with the 32 H&R is negligible.  It works just fine at my SASS speed, someone else had a Henry that they had tuned and it was very fast.  The action on mine although long for SASS is very smooth with a crisp trigger break @ around 3 lbs with no creep.

Charlie

5 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Same as you do a Marlin.  Open the lever, toss in the round and close the lever.

Charlie, have you tried shooting this at SASS speeds?  Definitely interesting.

+1

It's on my wishlist, just not high on my wishlist.  I want to shoot one first.

A friend of mine recently got one with the brass receiver and HEAVY Octagon barrel.  Yes, it is heavy.

BUT....... beautiful.

He hasn't shot it yet but we are eager to take it back on the farm for winter shooting.

His was very stiff and not Cowboy comp ready at all.   Right now, he is slicking up a few parts, etc..... to see just how much he can make it competitive.

Again, these are beautiful rifles.

..........Widder

27 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

A friend of mine recently got one with the brass receiver and HEAVY Octagon barrel.  Yes, it is heavy.

BUT....... beautiful.

He hasn't shot it yet but we are eager to take it back on the farm for winter shooting.

His was very stiff and not Cowboy comp ready at all.   Right now, he is slicking up a few parts, etc..... to see just how much he can make it competitive.

Again, these are beautiful rifles.

..........Widder

That one is about 1.78 lbs heavier....They are nice tack drivers - The 327 recoil was not much above a 22 in my opinion and the 32 H&R was just great.

Now by golly there's a rifle I want to take a long look at!

Thank you for speaking up!

(cackles quietly)

(dry-washes hands)

(eyes piggy bank with the same lustful expression as an eight year old eyeing an ice cream cone)

Should be a answer to the Way Over Priced Marlins .

Rooster 

15 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Now by golly there's a rifle I want to take a long look at!

Thank you for speaking up!

(cackles quietly)

(dry-washes hands)

(eyes piggy bank with the same lustful expression as an eight year old eyeing an ice cream cone)

Been using a Henry 45 Big Boy for about 2 years - Although it wasn't bad with recoil, I had pain by the end of 5-6 stages.  With my shoulder problem this will be a bit easier.  Just broke open the piggy bank and made the plunge...figured that easing the shoulder pain was worth it.  I will still take the 45 Big boy along as a back up just in case there is an in-line heavy tombstone plate rack that I might need it for...lol

Charlie

Archived