SASS Wire Forum

32 Cal. Henry Repeating Arms H012M327 Big Boy 20in Lever American Walnut Stock Blued

Charlie T Waite

Wanted to let everyone know that Henry has an alternative for those wanting to use the 32 H&R mag in a long gun - Since I didn't want to wait on a Marlin to become available; Just picked up this beauty, now the rifle caliber 32 H&R will match the pistol caliber 32 H&R at matches .  Has the same great Henry warranty and by shopping around you can pick one up for about 25+% off MSRP.  From a rest at 100 yds it was grouping 32 H&Rs at about 1"  It will fire 327 Fed (for Hunting), 32 H&R Mag, 32 S&W Long and 32 S&W Short in SASS matches - (I did test this out at the range).This one is steel weighing about 7 lbs, but they are also making it in the traditional Brass (H006M327) for about $50 more.  .

Henry Repeating Arms H012M327 Big Boy .327FED 20in Lever American Walnut Stock Blued for sale at Tombstone Tactical.

Now my impaired shoulder will feel beter during & after matches.

Charlie

That should or  could be a answer to the WAY OVER PRICED Marlins .

But a lot of folks dont like the HRA Products for Cowboy shooting .

I have seen severl used with Zero issues ,

But everyone has there Opnions .

And We all know what a Opnion is like .

No its never going to be a fast rifle .

But Yes they will work for a average shooter , Who is NOT looking for the Brass Ring ,  Oops ( Buckle )

Just Sayin .

Rooster 

I shot one of a friends that was slicked up and it was fast. But I agree with you re opinions..:lol:

I try no tot have an "opinion" on the subject because I have never owned or even shot one.  However, of the only two shooters I have personally seen with Henry Big Boys at a CAS match, both proved to be jam-o-matics.  I felt sorry for them, but they made their choices.

I have used at least three Henry's big boys in CAS.  I never had a jam (heck lightnings are worse).  I did get cases that did not clear the port ar times.  Could have been me short stroking.  I wonder if the 32 BBs are a bit like the Marlin 32 with a bit shorter stroke?  I am no gunsmith but if more interest I think maybe.  Yes, I have looked at the 32BB since Marlin 32s are almost non-existent.

Been hankering after some 32 single sixes

I just got two of the H006M327 brass octagons. These will be used for the NRA Cowboy Silhouette game.  The forward weight will be an asset. As for feeding Out of the box they do feel nice. But, like any of the guns we use, right out of the box they probably won't do all that well. However, I've have worked a few of these guns over the year 357 and 45lc. They do respond well to action work.

That one, the Hoo6m327 is about 1.78 lbs heavier....They are nice tack drivers - The 327 recoil was not much above a 22 in my opinion and the 32 H&R was just great.  I also made some speed loaders for it using 3/8" Black Vinyl (Rubber) Round End Cap Cover for Pipe Plastic Tube Hub Caps Tubing and 3/8" Clear Vinyl shell feeder tubes from LEE Reloading.  Since I was using something similar to load a Henry 45 Colt these work fast and I can reload the tube faster than someone could hand-load a Winchester.  It works just fine at my SASS speed, someone else had a Henry that they had tuned and it was very fast.  The action on mine although long for SASS is very smooth with a crisp trigger break @ around 3 lbs with no creep.

I had a Henry Big Boy, in .45 Colt for a while. Great company for sure, but I didn't like the loading mechanism, pulling out the tube mag from the top. Traded it in for a Chiappa 1892 Rifle which I like much better. I also use a Uberti 1866 Rifle and I love the brass. Good luck with your Henry.

Been using a Henry 45 Big Boy for about 2 years - Although it wasn't bad with recoil, I had pain by the end of 5-6 stages.  With my shoulder problem this will be a bit easier.

Charlie

I have to say that the loading tube is one of the reasons I really haven't looked at trying a Henry repeater.

There's a pard in my club that always jokes that he wants to off-load his Henry (can't remember the chambering).

Might be a less expensive way for me to find out if I would like them.

I do intend to purchase a Henry Single Shot when they release them.

12 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have to say that the loading tube is one of the reasons I really haven't looked at trying a Henry repeater.

There's a pard in my club that always jokes that he wants to off-load his Henry (can't remember the chambering).

Might be a less expensive way for me to find out if I would like them.

I do intend to purchase a Henry Single Shot when they release them.

Pat,

In an earlier post I noted that " I also made some speed loaders for it using 3/8" Black Vinyl (Rubber) Round End Cap Cover for Pipe Plastic Tube Hub Caps Tubing and 3/8" Clear Vinyl shell feeder tubes from LEE Reloading.  Since I was using something similar to load a Henry 45 Colt these work fast and I can reload the tube faster than someone could hand-load a Winchester."  We have had 3 at the loading table and they get a kick out of how fast this method loads the rifle - just tip & pour them in.

Charlie

26 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Pat,

In an earlier post I noted that " I also made some speed loaders for it using 3/8" Black Vinyl (Rubber) Round End Cap Cover for Pipe Plastic Tube Hub Caps Tubing and 3/8" Clear Vinyl shell feeder tubes from LEE Reloading.  Since I was using something similar to load a Henry 45 Colt these work fast and I can reload the tube faster than someone could hand-load a Winchester."  We have had 3 at the loading table and they get a kick out of how fast this method loads the rifle - just tip & pour them in.

Charlie

Ooh...good idea. Thanks

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Ooh...good idea. Thanks

Pat,

Here is a picture of what I am talking about

PB090001.JPG

Just remove the bottom cap and they all slide out into the magazine tube.

Charlie

7 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

That one, the Hoo6m327 is about 1.78 lbs heavier....They are nice tack drivers - The 327 recoil was not much above a 22 in my opinion and the 32 H&R was just great.  I also made some speed loaders for it using 3/8" Black Vinyl (Rubber) Round End Cap Cover for Pipe Plastic Tube Hub Caps Tubing and 3/8" Clear Vinyl shell feeder tubes from LEE Reloading.  Since I was using something similar to load a Henry 45 Colt these work fast and I can reload the tube faster than someone could hand-load a Winchester.  It works just fine at my SASS speed, someone else had a Henry that they had tuned and it was very fast.  The action on mine although long for SASS is very smooth with a crisp trigger break @ around 3 lbs with no creep.

Any chance I can get a picture of that?  I'm curious how it would work.

Guess I should finish reading the thread before I post, huh?

4 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Pat,

Here is a picture of what I am talking about

PB090001.JPG

Just remove the bottom cap and they all slide out into the magazine tube.

Charlie

Thank you Charlie. :D

Your Welcome Pard.

Archived