SASS Wire Forum

"Dear Widder" thread... free advice.

Widder, SASS #59054

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Dear Widder

When I go to side matches at large shoots, I usually take a 5 gallon bucket of shotguns shells. I only come home with 1/2 of them......is my bucket 1/2 full or 1/2 empty.

Signed

97 Lover

Dear 97 Lover:

A 5 gallon bucket will hold approx 650  12 gauge shells.   If you shoot 1/2 the bucket all by yeowndangself, you're a mighty fast 97 shooter..... ;)

Because you started with a FULL bucket and have shot 1/2 of them, you are now 1/2 FULL.    And a free invitation to the next big side match will gladly welcome you and your bucket.

(p.s. - The TN State had 6 on 6 with 3 shooters going sub 5.   The winning time was 4.59)

..........Widder

3 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Dear 'Orange' Crushed:

There is always hope, although right now it appears to be at the bottom of the 'possibilities ladder'.

The Holiday season is approaching and although I don't know how you normally celebrate this time of year, it would be wise to help them celebrate in the manner they choose.  That would be the RIGHT thing to do.

..........Widder

Tank you, Oh Wise Dispenser of Sage Advise.

Ah, yes, Christmas!  That blessed time of the year when all enjoy the warmth of companionship among family members, until some squabbling between females commences and I get blamed for taking sides.  

I should just learn to keep my mouth shut!

Question, should I go for that Uberti Bisley or get another Model P SAA in stainless?  The new GSG MP40 (pistol) also looks mighty tempting, but I did promise myself a CZ75 Compact D.  Oh the indecisions, I am at a loss!

Signed Confused Orange Crushed

30 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

Dear Widder,

Etiquette question.

Guy cut in front of me in line at the store tonight. He race walked. I only had 3 items. Was it wrong of me to indicate it was ok for him to cut in front of me since ladies first?

Dear Etiquette in Georgia:

Yes, it was indeed fine and appropriate of you to indicate your reaction to his behavior.

But in these situations,  the 'right or wrong' of either action (his and yours) can only be determined by the circumstances.   He may have been in an emergency.   OR, he may have wanted you to notice him.  Its better to have him in front of you than behind you.

And he may have been having stomach cramps, of which you would want him out of that place ASAP..... :o

..........Widder

46 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Dear Widder,

Why is it some cow'BOYS' choose to shoot 32s and 38s when there is such more manly classic cartridges like the 44-40 and 45? :ph34r::P

Major Art Tillery

Dear Concerned About Size:

It all has to do with what the Cowboy feels more comfortable wrapping his hands around..... :D

..........Widder

1 minute ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Dear Concerned About Size:

It all has to do with what the Cowboy feels more comfortable wrapping his hands around..... :D

Its better to have  TWO .32's in the hand than a .45 in the bush..... :D

..........Widder

:lol:

25 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Tank you, Oh Wise Dispenser of Sage Advise.

Ah, yes, Christmas!  That blessed time of the year when all enjoy the warmth of companionship among family members, until some squabbling between females commences and I get blamed for taking sides.  

I should just learn to keep my mouth shut!

Question, should I go for that Uberti Bisley or get another Model P SAA in stainless?  The new GSG MP40 (pistol) also looks mighty tempting, but I did promise myself a CZ75 Compact D.  Oh the indecisions, I am at a loss!

Signed Confused Orange Crushed

Dear COC:

Keeping the mouth shut is an attribute that few have mastered..... good luck.

As for the pistol, the CZ75 Compact D would probably be a wise choice, depending upon caliber.

Stay away from the .40's.

NEW Projectiles in the 9mm range have greatly extended its usefulness.   And if you don't like the 9, that's fine.

The .357 SIG caliber in a number of great pistols is hard to beat.  And then there is the 10mm.   I have both and love em both.

..........Widder

27 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Dear Great and Wonderful Widder of Odds,

Please grant me one wish!

I can wish you a Grant ($50), but I don't have much luck granting you a wish.

..........Widder

12 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

AND... its free !

:lol::lol:

..........Widder

Depend on whether you use it or not.  Some of it sounds mighty expensive, (Medical bills, divorce lawyers, "apology jewelry and cars", etc. 

7 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

I can wish you a Grant ($50), but I don't have much luck granting you a wish.

..........Widder

So I guess a magic gun safe that has any gun I want in it every time I open the door is out of the question then...

How about a magic wand? I already have plenty of “advice”. At least I did last time I checked. :D

43 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

So I guess a magic gun safe that has any gun I want in it every time I open the door is out of the question then...

How about a magic wand? I already have plenty of “advice”. At least I did last time I checked. :D

Dear Genie Lover,

Unless you look like Barbara Eden, the last thing we need in SASS is a greedy moderator with a magic gun safe..... :o

Besides, if you really want a 'magic safe', just start filling yours up with 1897's,  Rugers, and Marlins..... :D

Then add a couple SIG's in .357 Sig and .10mm, along with some Browning Buckmark .22's, a few custom Ruger 10/22's, and some nicely slicked Marlin 60's and Henry .22's and you'll feel like a Genie yourself.

For good measure, add a super slicked GP-100, S&W .460 or .500, S&W model 41 (1960-1980), and an endless supply of 12 ga. AA Featherlites for those 1897's.

THEN, add a couple High Standard Victor's, Citations, etc.....and Browning Medalist.

Now, that should make you feel better already.

..........Widder

“greedy moderator” :lol: :P

I could add all those to my safe but then I’d have to clear it out for someplace to hide and sleep...my wife would shoot me:lol: 

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

a magic gun safe that has any gun I want in it every time I open the door

you gotta think of a safe like a garden.  You can get your magic safe if you plant the right seeds.  I've opened my magic safe so often that sometimes the gun I want is all the way in the back and I don't feel like digging it out. 

3 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Oh wise one, I have all of these VIRTUAL guns and rifles. I find it very difficult to virtually clean them on a regular schedule. 

WHAT TO DO?

Dear Dirty Virtual Gun Man:

Before going out to shoot, spray some Hoppe's #9 to use as a deodorant.  After each shooting session, just tuck your pistols under your arm pits.   The sweat will take care of the dirt and grime.

As for long guns, keep your hanky moist with Hoppe's and just wipe em down after each shooting session.    Your guns will love it and your wife will stop asking to borrow your hanky..... ;)

..........Widder

3 hours ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Dear Ann Widowmaker Landers Hill,

What do you give a woman that already has everything? MT

Dear Generous Giver:

find out what she cherishes the most, and make sure she has 2 of them..... ;)

Just make sure it isn't  'A Husband'  or anymore children..... :D

P.S. - don't forget that a little love, respect and security covers a big part of "Everything".

..........Widder

On 11/8/2017 at 10:48 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

We had the same agreement, but she decided where  we'd live, should we buy or rent, what kind of cars to drive and where the kids went to school, etc.  You know' little stuff.

I got to decide if we should attack Russia, colonize Mars, throw the UN out, big stuff like that.

Frankly, I think you are doing a rotten job!

Dear Widder,

My wife tells her friends that I know everything. 

I think she might be mistaken. 

Should I tell her she's wrong or continue to agree with her?

If I do know everything, should I even be asking you?

Don't-Know-It-All Birdgun

\

Dear Covey of Quail:

Its obvious that the famous Quail triplets, shown above,  have inherited problems (curses) due to the sins of your forefathers of 4 generations back.

Actually, MOE (the eldest Quail triplet) was found down in Texas under one of those white hats worn by the Quail triplets.

LARRY,  #2 triplet,  should have known its better to live on the roof of a dog house than to build his house between two contentious women.

SHEM, the youngest of the Quail triplets, was born with 6 fingers and 6 toes and only 1 tongue.   And if he wants to keep that tongue, shouldn't be casting any stones at his wife.

..........Widder of Oz

3 hours ago, Noz said:

Frankly, I think you are doing a rotten job!

Being able to make a decision and having the authority to carry it out are not the same thing.  If you're married..... or have worked in some major corporations..... or the government you'd know that

Dear Widder,

Well, Mr. Mouse is on his way out (hopefully) soon, bought peanut butter and traps at the store today....also started buying necessities for Mr. Cat....should I feel guilty?

Not his maid (again)

1 hour ago, Calico Mary said:

Dear Widder,

Well, Mr. Mouse is on his way out (hopefully) soon, bought peanut butter and traps at the store today....also started buying necessities for Mr. Cat....should I feel guilty?

Not his maid (again)

Maybe just a little because Mr. Cat will not have Mr. Mouse to play with when he arrives. :D

47 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Dear Widder,

How can I keep lint from getting trapped in my belly button?:huh:

I tried covering it with duct tape, but removal was too painful. :o

Birdgun

Put an earplug in there?

11 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

Dear Widder,

Not his maid (again)

Dear Ms. NoMaid:

Mouse is expendable.   

Let your conscious be your guide.

..........Widder

5 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Dear Widder,

Birdgun

Dear BirdieGun:

Wear more silk shirts or have an operation to turn yourself into an 'outie'.

..........Widder

12 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Don't listen to him, Mr. Quail. He is an imposter. Not the real Widder man. 

Dear ESP Man:

Its obvious you have Perception Deception..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

6 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Dear Widder,

Birdgun

So is velcro tape stuck there to hold your britches up when you get old and don't have a butt any more.

Archived