SASS Wire Forum

"Dear Widder" thread... free advice.

Widder, SASS #59054

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Widder,

My daughter Kaya has a .44 mag Marlin that is rough as a cob. She only deer hunts with it and does quite well. Too well. I was thinking on having it slicked up but I'm leaning toward just taking out the firing pin so I can hunt more than an hour.

What do you think?

Just now, Calico Mary said:

see she's right....or you wouldn't be admitting that....

Well, I have my moments. But, unlike a woman, I'll think about admitting I was wrong.

As in "I've only been wrong once. I thought I was wrong once, but I wasn't"

My 2 cents

Dear Widder

My wife and I agreed shortly after we got married that I would handle all the big decisions and she would handle all the small ones.....

After 35 years I have not had to make one big decision.

was that an equitable arrangement or should I volunteer to help more?

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

8 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Dear Widder,

It turns out my wife, my girlfriend and my secretary are best friends and play bridge and bingo together and belong to the same women's club in town.

Am I in trouble?

When I was a young Marine and we were having a Company party, we'd start out with a toast; "To our wives, lovers, and girlfriends. May they never meet!"

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

My 2 cents

Dear Widder

My wife and I agreed shortly after we got married that I would handle all the big decisions and she would handle all the small ones.....

Regards

Gateway Kid

Dear Kid Waygate,

Once the plan was initiated on decision making,  you were left out of future decisions.....period.

You need to realize that there are no BIG decisions.

Once married, all decisions are small and therefore, fall under the scrutiny of the wife.

Its the same code that Richard Petty lives by and thats why he is always smiling and happy.

..........Widder

49 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Dear Kid Waygate,

Once the plan was initiated on decision making,  you were left out of future decisions.....period.

You need to realize that there are no BIG decisions.

Once married, all decisions are small and therefore, fall under the scrutiny of the wife.

Its the same code that Richard Petty lives by and thats why he is always smiling and happy.

..........Widder

Thank you for the words of wisdom

I look forward to your weekly column:D

Regards

Gateway Kid

Dear Widder,

My wife suddenly suggested that I need much, much more life insurance.

Do you think that would be a sound investment, or is she just being frugal?

Badger, lost on the Mountain Charlie. 

7 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Dear Troubled in Arizona:

Only if one of the three is a heavy bet'r.  

But I must warn you that if you are gonna try to keep all three happy, you might have to move to Utah.

..........Widder

My folks moved to Utah... my mom's hometown... in 1951.  I left in 1965.  Went back for one school year 1n 1969-1970.  Haven't lived in the state since, although until my folks died I managed to go back three or four times a year.

I figure that with all the early Mormon polygamists in my family tree I'm related by blood or marriage to a 3 out of every four people between Boise and Las Vegas

3 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

My 2 cents

Dear Widder

Regards

Gateway Kid

We had the same agreement, but she decided where  we'd live, should we buy or rent, what kind of cars to drive and where the kids went to school, etc.  You know' little stuff.

I got to decide if we should attack Russia, colonize Mars, throw the UN out, big stuff like that.

25 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Dear Widder,

Let me ake this one, Widder:  Charlie, I'm thinking you should invest in some cast iron underwear..... soon!

14 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Dear Widder,

My wife prefers the company of her cats over me. Should I buy a new gun to raise my self-esteem?

Of course.  When in a dilemma . . . the best course is always to buy another GUN. . . . :)

Dear Widder,

How do I tell Mr. Mouse that it's over between us, and he needs to move on?  Maybe if he'd clean up after himself the relationship could have lasted longer, but I'm tired of being treated like a servant.  The spark just isn't there, and I'm dumping him for Mr. Cat.

Signed,

Not his maid

Dear Widder,

I got a letter from an old classmate's sister.  She says she can cook a grouse and tie flies for trout fishing.  Should I propose to her now, or wait until I see a picture of her bass boat and trolling motor?

Duffield

8 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Dear Widder,

Dear LOST BADGER:

Its a sound investment for her, but it doesn't look to promising for you... :o

Frugal..... probably not.

Anticipation..... just make sure the bathroom lite works and the toilet seat is down..... :lol:

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

Dear Widder,

How do I tell Mr. Mouse that it's over between us, and he needs to move on?  Maybe if he'd clean up after himself the relationship could have lasted longer, but I'm tired of being treated like a servant.  The spark just isn't there, and I'm dumping him for Mr. Cat.

Signed,

Not his maid

Dear 'Not His Maid',

A previous notorious writer (lonely in Ohio)  was concerned about dishonesty from her male friends.   WELL, in order to receive honesty, you have to be honest not only to yourself, but to the male rats in your life also.

STOP living in the dumps with the trashbangers.   Get yeowndangself a true 'Meow'r and move one.

"A cat in the hand is better than 2 rats in the bush".

..........Widder

13 minutes ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Dear Widder,

I got a letter from an old classmate's sister.  She says she can cook a grouse and tie flies for trout fishing.  Should I propose to her now, or wait until I see a picture of her bass boat and trolling motor?

Duffield

Dear DUFFMEISTER,

Wisdom is obviously one of your better attributes.   No doubt, a picture of her bass boat and trolling motor would be nice to know about BEFORE the proposal.   BUT,  it would also be nice to know how much wood she can chop before breakfast?

P.S. - how does she rate with fried OKRA?

..........Widder

Dear Widder,

She can gather up a bushel of mesquite in about 15 minutes.  I haven't tried her on oak yet.

She does great with fried okra, but can't tell the difference between it and fried Jalopinas!

Duffield

P.S. the boat and motor look good, I'm gonna keep her.  Come to the Greene County Regulators annual dinner in January to sample her cooking.

Duffield

1 minute ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Dear Widder,

She can gather up a bushel of mesquite in about 15 minutes.  I haven't tried her on oak yet.

She does great with fried okra, but can't tell the difference between it and fried Jalopinas!

Duffield

P.S. the boat and motor look good, I'm gonna keep her.  Come to the Greene County Regulators annual dinner in January to sample her cooking.

Duffield

Indeed..... KEEP HER!

(thanks for the invite.  January usually finds me staying out of cold weather.   But, Slater and I will probably visit the Regulators next spring/summer.)

..........Widder

Darn Tootin,

Widder is a plethora of advice. Back when we were members of the working class, many a lunch time was spent in philosophical discussion. Just think what a privilege it was to receive free advice in person from the great swami himself. Not to mention all those great duck jokes. :lol:

Hasta Luego, Keystone 

6 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Indeed..... KEEP HER!

(thanks for the invite.  January usually finds me staying out of cold weather.   But, Slater and I will probably visit the Regulators next spring/summer.)

..........Widder

We will be having it in our home, so you will be out of the weather.  Ride up with Keystone.

2 hours ago, Keystone, SASS # 47578 said:

Darn Tootin,

Widder is a plethora of advice. Back when we were members of the working class, many a lunch time was spent in philosophical discussion. Just think what a privilege it was to receive free advice in person from the great swami himself. Not to mention all those great duck jokes. :lol:

Hasta Luego, Keystone 

Keystone has many great traits in his personality.   One of which is great perception and a good choice of friends..... :D

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Dear Widder,

I just returned from 10 days in my daughter's house where I was at the mercy of one wife, one daughter and two grand daughters.  Is there ANY hope of my EVER being right?

Signed, 

Crushed

Dear 'Orange' Crushed:

There is always hope, although right now it appears to be at the bottom of the 'possibilities ladder'.

The Holiday season is approaching and although I don't know how you normally celebrate this time of year, it would be wise to help them celebrate in the manner they choose.  That would be the RIGHT thing to do.

..........Widder

Dear Widder

When I go to side matches at large shoots, I usually take a 5 gallon bucket of shotguns shells. I only come home with 1/2 of them......is my bucket 1/2 full or 1/2 empty.

Signed

97 Lover

5 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

Dear Widder,

Etiquette question.

Guy cut in front of me in line at the store tonight. He race walked. I only had 3 items. Was it wrong of me to tell him ladies first?

It's a crying shame you had to tell him.

10 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

Dear Widder,

Etiquette question.

Guy cut in front of me in line at the store tonight. He race walked. I only had 3 items. Was it wrong of me to indicate it was ok for him to cut in front of me since ladies first?

yer askin' WIDDER bout ediquit??????:wacko:

next time...shoot him.....

1 minute ago, Whiskey Business said:

Widder or the manlet from the store? 

the one from the store.....or Mr. Mouse, whichever you prefer.....Widder mite shoot back....

Archived