SASS Wire Forum

.32-20 revolvers other than Colt?

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

Has there ever been a single action revolver chambered in .32-20 other than the Colt? 

I remember seeing Taylors market a 58 Remmie cartridge conversion a few years ago, but I can't determine if anyone else has ever made anything in this caliber that is SASS okay.   Mostly looking for information at this stage.  Anything from late 1800's to modern replicas welcome.

Think it was Davidsons (?) did a special run of Ruger Single Sixes with both 32 20 and 32 H&R Mag cylinders some time back.  Clones are readily available.  Boomstick Jay had a pair of clones at Coming At Cha in September.

32 minutes ago, 40Chev said:

Think it was Davidsons (?) did a special run of Ruger Single Sixes with both 32 20 and 32 H&R Mag cylinders some time back.  Clones are readily available.  Boomstick Jay had a pair of clones at Coming At Cha in September.

Not on the Single six frame.  Have one in the 4 5'8 and 5 1/2.  Gunbroker just had one that went for almost 2000 by the time you get it home.   Less than 300 made and a little heavy on the muzzle end with that small hole in the full size frame.

1 hour ago, 40Chev said:

Clones are readily available.  Boomstick Jay had a pair of clones at Coming At Cha in September.

Yep, Uberti's made 'em for quite some time.

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/model-p-jr-32-20-32-h-and-r-dual-cylinder-5-1-2-in.html

Oh, I just can't help myself.

S&W 32-20 Hand Ejector from 1916.

32-20%20Hand%20Ejector%2006_zpsop6q7nfx.

Colt Police Positive Special 32-20 from 1926.

Police%20Positive%20Special%2032-20%2002

Yeah, they ain't single actions, but they are the only 32-20 revolvers I own.

P.S. 32-20 is NOT among the cartridges listed by SCSW for the S&W New Model Number Three, nor is it listed for the Double Action 44.

In my own gun accumulation (I don't call it a collection), there are several 32-20s, my favorite CAS caliber.

My first matching pair of pistols were Armi San Marcos in 32-20, a much maligned company, but great guns in my opinion.  I had them hard-chrome plated with a mat finish and still shoot them sometimes.

I also have 1873 SA's in 32-20 by Uberti, American West Arms (AWA), and a Ruger Blackhawk with 32-20/32 mag cylinders.

My favorites, though are the Colts from the Custom Shop in nichol with one piece real ivory grips.

For a Derringer, I have an American Derringer in 32-20.  That thing is really loud with full loads!

As Driftwood pictured above, both Colt and S&W made DA revolvers in 32-20, as did the Spanish company hat used to make S&W knockoffs.

I was never able to acquire a pair of them but Ruger made a special run of their original Vaqueros in 32-20.  That would be some heavy guns.

Remember, 32-20 is the most efficient way known to man to convert gunpowder to NOISE.

Navy Arms had a nice special run of Uberti guns imported in the white, charcoal blued them, and had action jobs by ACCU Precision. They were serialized ACCU001-ACCU500(IIRC).  They came with Wolf springs installed.   I would insert a pic of my pair if I were not on the road.   Very nice guns

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, Driftwood Johnson, SASS #38283 said:

Oh, I just can't help myself.

S&W 32-20 Hand Ejector from 1916.

(Pic snipped)

Colt Police Positive Special 32-20 from 1926.

(Pic snipped)

Yeah, they ain't single actions, but they are the only 32-20 revolvers I own.

P.S. 32-20 is NOT among the cartridges listed by SCSW for the S&W New Model Number Three, nor is it listed for the Double Action 44.

Dang it Driftwood...

Okay, yeah, I have one of these too...

5a0387704e2e6_3220SW.thumb.JPG.bab892c81d2fce01efb224fa94a0cded.JPG

Yes.  It's a .32-20.

Yes, it's "not a Colt."  In this case it is a Smith & Wesson.  Found it at a local gunshow a coupla years ago for $150.  It's in pretty rough shape, but it does shoot well.

And yes, it's not SASS Legal.  :)

So, based upon what everyone is saying, other than a Colt (and that includes the clones) the only other option for an SA revolver is a Ruger, and those are quite rare.

I guess I shoulda said "Not a Colt or clone," in my original post.  :)

Archived