SASS Wire Forum

What do you say to people?

CurlyDrew42

1 hour ago, Grampaw Willie, SASS No.26996 said:

?

they are controlled by their training. their training is repeated via the "media" over and over ad nauseum: "Guns cause shootings".    this has become ingrained into large parts of society to the point that anyone offering a contrary view will immediately get one chastised as a "nut case", or worse.

Which is an emotional reaction, not a reasoned one.  Their training has taught them to be controlled by their emotions.

If The Supreme Court Takes This Gun Control Case, Its Decision Will Be Huge

Excerpt

When the Supreme Court meets later today to discuss pending petitions for review, the justices’ conference calendar will include a pivotal Second Amendment case: Kolbe v. Hogan.

In Kolbe v. Hogan, the full Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld Maryland’s ban of semiautomatic rifles and detachable ammunition magazines that exceed ten rounds. In doing so, the Fourth Circuit became the fourth federal appellate court to uphold the constitutionality of a ban on “assault” weapons and large-capacity magazines. The Second, Seventh, and District of Columbia circuits have previously upheld similar bans, and, to date, the Supreme Court has refused to enter the fray.

The Declaration of Independence states that “We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Hmm. We have been created. Apparently by a creator. Who might that be? Sure as anything ain't the state.

Kind of difficult to ignore the importance of "diety", excuse me, God, when discussing the founding of and founding documents of the US.

Also, research the word "unalienable'. What does that mean? What does that imply? Ok, I'll tell you. Unalienable rights are rights that pre-date us that cannot be taken away by man. They are rights that exist for us because of our creator, not the damn government. In a nutshell, the Founding Fathers recognized God. To dismiss "diety" from a discussion on the founding intents and designs of this country is to beg for a dishonest, misguided discussion. 

On 11/7/2017 at 6:52 PM, CurlyDrew42 said:

Personally, I'd like to one set of rules rather than state and federal.

Like concealed carry reciprocity, I think that if you can carry concealed in one state you should be able to carry concealed in any state.  it took me a month to figure out the best way to get my own guns from California to Washington because of state regulations on both ends.  As it is I don't think I can drive down to a match in CA because taking my pistols across state lines in a locked gun case in my truck is a major no no apparently.  Which to me seems kinda dumb.  So Instead of driving down and stopping at different clubs along the way (which would be awesome) I'd have to fly in and rent a car then drive . . . it's a weird question of states rights vs federal involvement for me but I personally think it is ridiculous that gun laws change from state to state.

I'd like to see firearm licenses treated like drivers licenses. Only without the lines at the DMV/DOT/DOL.  Take a test, demonstrate your ability and understanding of how to safely operate the weapon, renew every X number of years.  Anyone who takes a basic NRA class already does that for the most part.

I completely disagree with firearm licenses like "driver's license" . Driving is a privilege given to you by the state. The second amendment is a right for everyone! It doesn't say anything about "safely" operating a weapon and renewal of some kind of license. You sound like you want to have laws like in Canada !!! NO WAY Jose! 

JUST ENFORCE THE LAWS WE ALREADY HAVE! In the Texas shooting the Air Force dropped the ball, that devil should NEVER have been able to buy a firearm legally. That said, he probably would gotten his hands on one ILLEGALLY!

3 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

The Declaration of Independence states that “We hold the truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Hmm. We have been created. Apparently by a creator. Who might that be? Sure as anything ain't the state.

Kind of difficult to ignore the importance of "diety", excuse me, God, when discussing the founding of and founding documents of the US.

Also, research the word "unalienable'. What does that mean? What does that imply? Ok, I'll tell you. Unalienable rights are rights that pre-date us that cannot be taken away by man. They are rights that exist for us because of our creator, not the damn government. In a nutshell, the Founding Fathers recognized God. To dismiss "diety" from a discussion on the founding intents and designs of this country is to beg for a dishonest, misguided discussion. 

Well said, sir.

10 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I completely disagree with firearm licenses like "driver's license" . Driving is a privilege given to you by the state. The second amendment is a right for everyone! It doesn't say anything about "safely" operating a weapon and renewal of some kind of license. You sound like you want to have laws like in Canada !!! NO WAY Jose! 

JUST ENFORCE THE LAWS WE ALREADY HAVE! In the Texas shooting the Air Force dropped the ball, that devil should NEVER have been able to buy a firearm legally. That said, he probably would gotten his hands on one ILLEGALLY!

Absolutely,

With RIGHTS come RESPONSIBILITIES. Just because you have a right does not meant that you do not have the responsibility to properly exercise that right.

Every time you discharge a weapon you are responsible for where it lands. There are no do overs or I didn't knows.

One of the biggest problems with society today is that people want the right to do something but don't want to be responsible for their actions. You name the right and when someone abuses there is a line of do gooders going but he was a good boy/girl, He/she came from a broken home, and a million other excuses as to why a person shouldn't be held responsible for their actions.

Archived