SASS Wire Forum

Gun Rights Are Women's Rights

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

You go girl!!

22 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Other than the phrase "gun rights" very good.   Civil rights to keep and bear arms.  A few more words, but it doesn't relegate those two protected civil rights to second or third class status.

Gun rights refers to our 2nd Amendment right and is absolutely appropriate. It’s a good video and valid at that. No need to pick apart this one....sheesh.

GG

35 minutes ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

Gun rights refers to our 2nd Amendment right and is absolutely appropriate. It’s a good video and valid at that. No need to pick apart this one....sheesh.

GG

I'm not "picking it apart."   As I said, other than that phrase, very good.   The 2nd is the only Amendment that, in modern society, is not seen to protect a civil right.  Until we can hammer that home we have an uphill battle.  ALL the core civil rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights are exactly that, civil rights.  The phrase "gun rights" implies that somehow the rights to keep and bear arms are not civil rights, but something else.

I also object to the phrase "freedom of religion" because the correct version is "free exercise of religion."  A significant difference.  The Soviet Union had "freedom of religion" but not "free exercise of religion."

52 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I'm not "picking it apart."   As I said, other than that phrase, very good.   The 2nd is the only Amendment that, in modern society, is not seen to protect a civil right.  Until we can hammer that home we have an uphill battle.  ALL the core civil rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights are exactly that, civil rights.  The phrase "gun rights" implies that somehow the rights to keep and bear arms are not civil rights, but something else.

I also object to the phrase "freedom of religion" because the correct version is "free exercise of religion."  A significant difference.  The Soviet Union had "freedom of religion" but not "free exercise of religion."

The video is fine for it’s message. At least you don’t say “freedom to worship”  ;)

GG

2 minutes ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

The video is fine for it’s message. At least you don’t say “freedom to worship”  ;)

GG

"Freedom of worship" also is not the same as the text of the 1st Amendment's "free exercise of religion" since the "exercise" includes more than just worship.

Just now, Subdeacon Joe said:

"Freedom of worship" also is not the same as the text of the 1st Amendment's "free exercise of religion" since the "exercise" includes more than just worship.

Yes Joe, I know. Holy cannoli.

GG

Archived