SASS Wire Forum

Californiao Laws Amm

Southern Drifter

2 minutes ago, Southern Drifter said:

Does anyone know how the new 2018 California Ammo laws are going to affect us? 

I don't mean this in a sarcastic way, but what do you mean .... "US"?

Is some new ammo law gonna effect our CA pards?

..........Widder

The only thing I can see is the part about "importing" ammo to California from out of state. I suppose if you are coming into California to attend a shoot this might be of some concern because you are probably transporting ammo for your use shooting.

7 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

I don't mean this in a sarcastic way, but what do you mean .... "US"?

Is some new ammo law gonna effect our CA pards?

..........Widder

I spend the winter months in Riverside County, California. I am a SASS  (103526) and CFDA (3578) member. I hope to join the Cowboys this winter. I am loading enough for Jan, Feb and Mar. I also shoot my 1911 (45) at the Riverside Magnum Range weekly but that is not Sass or CFDA. I just want to make sure I don't break any laws and lose my guns.

1 hour ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

The only thing I can see is the part about "importing" ammo to California from out of state. I suppose if you are coming into California to attend a shoot this might be of some concern because you are probably transporting ammo for your use shooting.

Yep.  It's got me worried.  I'm bring a few rounds.  I usually buy ammo from LAX Ammo in bulk for my wife's 380 and my 1911, 45.  Plus, I bring my SASS and CFDA guns. Southern Drifter #103526

31 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Apathy by gun owners that don't think it can happen to them.

Not apathy at all. The urban anti gun areas have the numbers to get this crap passed.

22 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Not apathy at all. The urban anti gun areas have the numbers to get this crap passed.

If you look at the number of voters that turned out in support of these laws, the anti-gunners could have been easily outvoted had gun owners taken a little imitative.

I cannot find the exact post but SDJ once posted the numbers.

'Tain't so, Dave.  Bob is spot-on.

I live in one of the most conservative areas of the state, and I've seen the voter registration rolls - almost evenly split, R/D.  And we're sparsely populated.

When people say "San Francisco and Los Angeles rule the state" they are  correct.

I could say much more, but do not wish to be censured.  -_-

10 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

'Tain't so, Dave.  Bob is spot-on.

I live in one of the most conservative areas of the state, and I've seen the voter registration rolls - almost evenly split, R/D.  And we're sparsely populated.

When people say "San Francisco and Los Angeles rule the state" they are  correct.

I could say much more, but do not wish to be censured.  -_-

I stand corrected. The report I read was about the 2014 elections when about 25% voted in the primaries and about 42% voted in the general elections. Because of the hotly contested presidential election, 2016 experienced one of the largest voter turn outs in California history.

On average if you look at the numbers for most of the country, voter turn out is abysmal unless it is a presidential election and even then some years are embarrassing. One local election here a few years ago had a significant property tax bond that would have directly benefited a private children's organization greatly. Less than  2% of registered voters actually bothered to vote and the measure passed mostly because it was marketed as a way to help the poor under privileged kids . Fortunately a few concerned citizens took the county to court and had the bond measure invalidated as it violated local laws.

2 hours ago, Southern Drifter said:

I spend the winter months in Riverside County, California. I am a SASS  (1032526) and CFDA (3578) member. I hope to join the Cowboys this winter. I am loading enough for Jan, Feb and Mar. I also shoot my 1911 (45) at the Riverside Magnum Range weekly but that is not Sass or CFDA. I just want to make sure I don't break any laws and lose my guns.

That SASS number had me shocked until I noticed that it was wrong.

Does the actual law say anything about reloading supplies?

40 minutes ago, CurlyDrew42 said:

Does the actual law say anything about reloading supplies?

No.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It's a little bit of both.   In the last general election Prop. 63 passed roughly 5,000,000 to 3,000,000 (that out of about 18,000,000 registered voters).

CA has an estimated 8,000,000 gun owners.    Think of the impact we could have if even half of us called or wrote our elected representatives a few times a month.

39 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

WRONG-We are outnumbered.......

Snowflake pansies, run the show here. 

OLG

"Snowflake Pansies?"

O come now, Lumpy... you can do better than that!  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

"Snowflake Pansies?"

O come now, Lumpy... you can do better than that!  :lol:

Oh heck ya :lol:...........................But, I want to keep my forum post'n privileges. :P

I also don't want to give Allie the 'vapors'..........:huh:

OLG

5 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Apathy by gun owners that don't think it can happen to them.

I do believe you hit the nail on the head.

One of the advantages of living in Pennsylvania is that our legislature is set up to keep the urban population from being dominant. There are as many rural districts as there are urban districts

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

WRONG-We are outnumbered.......

Snowflake pansies, run the show here. 

OLG

OK, let's take a look at the numbers.  Say that in each Assembly district there are 15,000 gun owners.  80 districts, by 15,000 gives us 1,200,000 total, which is about 15% of the estimated number of gun owners in the State of California.  Now, suppose that those 15,000 gun owners in each Assembly (or State Senate) district were to make just one phone call a week voicing their concerns, and each call took up three minutes of staff time.  What is 15,000 x 3 minutes??  45,000 minutes. Per week.  That's 750 man-hours PER WEEK that the capons would have to come up with to deal with just this one subject.  That is almost 19 man-days per week.    If we all did our part, even just writing, figure that every letter, especially if you request a reply, would take up that same three minutes.  

If we make ourselves known, make our numbers felt, then we might be able to make some headway.  But as long as 99 44/100 wail and moan that All Is Lost!!! then, yeah, all is lost.  We need to become politically active and be heard as individuals.  8,000,000 individuals can make one hell of a roar if we all shout together.

7 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

One of the advantages of living in Pennsylvania is that our legislature is set up to keep the urban population from being dominant. There are as many rural districts as there are urban districts

7 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

What is the density of the districts?  Unless they have maneuvered it so that all have an equal number of voters it doesn't mean anything.,

3 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

What is the density of the districts?  Unless they have maneuvered it so that all have an equal number of voters it doesn't mean anything.,

Each state Rep has the same vote so population density isn't important but yes each district has about the same population. Rural districts are geographically larger

Archived