SASS Wire Forum

Wanenmacher

Sgt. Saywut

So The Big Gun Show is Nov. 11-12, the weekend after this one.   Anyone here going, and if so, are you selling or looking for something in particular?

I plan to take a DCM M1D Garand to trade or sell, and will be looking for a Pedersoli Lighting rifle in 357 or a pair of 5” Model No. 3 Schofields in 38 Special. 

13 hours ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

Sad faces might be for the M1 going on the trading block. If you have several , maybe not a big deal. Or if it is something you have no attachment to or nostalgia for.

Rex :D 

More the latter ;)

But, no one else is going or just not bothered to respond?   If you like gun shows and have not been there, Wanenmacher is a must-see!  Four thousand tables taking up almost 11 acres under one roof.  You pretty much have to power walk to see it all and still have time to stop at a few tables...

Been there once, way too big for me to do in one day, gave me a headache. Missouri firearm season is that weekend, but I ain't shooting the first weekend. Hunt Benton/Hickory counties and have to bring kill in for checking on CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease). I'll pass on that one and will hunt during the week when you don't have to check them in for that.

Ginny Hinny and I were there today for about five hours.  Ths crowds were on the light side of moderate, and prices on the firearms we saw ranged from “Decent” to “Are you kidding me...”   There were a LOT of Colt SAA’s, mostly 1st and 2nd Gens, as well as a plethora of original 1866’s, ‘73s, and ‘94s.  A few 1897 shotguns, and one 1887 and one 1901 lever scattergun. We saw one Colt Lightning rifle in decent condition with a price tag of $4950, and modern Vaqueros of all types.  One Model No. 3 Schofield with a bad paint job (not blued) and two No. 3 Russians.  A ton of .22 pump rifles, and more.  I came across a 1934-dated 12-gauge 1897 with a barrel cut down to 22” and a later butt stock that had been trimmed by about an inch.  The metal was in pretty decent condition with a tight action and a shiny bore, and the price tag was reasonable, but when the seller accepted my counter-offer, the ‘97 followed me home.  It’s already on the way to being modified for CAS, so I was pleased with that. 

We had taken a M1D Garand to sell, but despite having the best price on any “D” that I saw at the show, no one bought it.  Several folks commented on the fairness of the price tag, but their words didn’t turn into dollars.   Oh well, next time!

Archived