SASS Wire Forum

Hot Lead in Deadwood 2017 is in the Books

Nellie Blue #54399

I finally got to attend Hot Lead in Deadwood put on by the Deadwood Marshals in Sorrento, Louisiana this weekend.  WOW!  What a fun match!  If ya'll have a chance in the future, you need to shoot this match!  Lots of fun stages and lots of good food!  I can't believe this match is not overflowing with shooters.  Hope to see ya'll there next year!

Congratulations to Overall winners:

Copenhagen Calhoun and Antelope Ann!!!!

2 hours ago, Nellie Blue #54399 said:

I finally got to attend Hot Lead in Deadwood put on by the Deadwood Marshals in Sorrento, Louisiana this weekend.  WOW!  What a fun match!  If ya'll have a chance in the future, you need to shoot this match!  Lots of fun stages and lots of good food!  I can't believe this match is not overflowing with shooters.  Hope to see ya'll there next year!

Congratulations to Overall winners:

Copenhagen Calhoun and Antelope Ann!!!!

That's right - the Deadwood Marshal's know how to do it right!  Hot Lead 2017 was fantastic! This was my second Hot Lead since I started attending last year and I'll be back year after year.  EVERYTHING associated with this match is top class - stages, banquet, raffle items, food, and especially the people!  Here's a photo I took of one of those fun stages Nellie Blue was talking about. This one was The Fort.  Pistols and rifle were both shot in a 2017 sweep (from the left: 2 on target 1, 0 on target 2, 1 on target 3, and 7 on target 4) followed by 4 shotgun from one side and 2 from the other.

IMG_1869.jpg

Archived