SASS Wire Forum

Florida HR3999 WILL IT BAN SHORT STROKE FIREARMS ?

Mad Dog McGee

Don't know how many are watching this Hr3999 bill, but in my opinion it would ban our short stroke firearms because you can get a faster rate of fire. Any thoughts on this from my pards. I oppose any ban on firearm parts and firearms. Thanks in advance, MDM

Sorry for  my post . Best keep my mouth shut until I read all the bill. Sorry, Pards. Thanks to everyone for straightening me out. 

Also my apologies to the moderators.  I still don't trust the anti-gun people at all. Thanks, MDM

First off the title only covers one state so I am going to do you a favor and add that state to your title.

Second, this belongs in Team SASS but I am going to allow it here for a while so that fellow Floridians can see it and then I will move it to Team SASS if necessary.

This bill was proposed by Rep Curbello of Florida in the US House of Representatives, NOT the Florida Legislature (which is not in session right now).   It's only one page long and not hard to read (I found it by Googling HR 3999.)  It says "semi-automatic rifles", so presumably you could modify semi-auto pistols or non semi-automatic rifles to increase the rate of fire.

Thanks for the info and leaving it on the wire.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3999/text

From that, it appears to be the U.S. Congress - as Sam clarified.

So, if it says semi-auto rifles then I can build an AR pistol with titanium bolt carrier, adjustable gas block and Fostech Echo II trigger?  Sounds like this congress critter is in the same intelligence class as DiFi.  Her finger prints were all over the 1994 Clinton AWB.

I doubt it will pass anyways .

But everyone should be calling and sending emails to there state representatives .

Remind them they need to get reelected too keep the job they hold now !

And there is NO Compromise on the Second Amendment Period !

Rooster 

Archived