SASS Wire Forum

Night shoot

Hoss

Last night we had our first.....but not our last....night shoot. it was a blast! One of our members has a big light tower, we set it up well back of the firing line. it lit up targets well. A bunch of us shot real BP, lots of fire and smoke. We had a hot dog dinner before the match, and hot chocolate after. Temps were a little chilly for us S Texas cowboys, around 50 and clear, could not have been nicer.

If your club is considering a night shoot, go for it!

Night shoots are always something special.  I remember the ones at Tin Star Ranch, during the Christmas shoots held there.  The first one had small fires in front of each set of targets.  At first you could barely make the targets out, then as you became accustomed to the nite light, it gets easier.  Just always cold....LOL....   Back then, very very few black powder shooters.  Glad you all had a grand ole time.  Hope to get down there soon.

Neighbours would have a fit if we tried that on any of the four ranges I get to.

Chief Firearms Officer's office would close the range down as well.

Very gun unfriendly around here, North of the Medicine Line.

Be thankful you have the NRA fighting for you and that it has the clout to make things happen.

At my club in Australia we shoot twice a month. One is an afternoon/night shoot and the other is a night shoot. Winter can be quite a chilly but it is great in summer. The reason we have two night shoots is because they are the only times available for us to shoot

Howdy,

One thought. If that was done in winter or cold weather a lot of folks

have their house all buttoned up.

They probably could only hear the slightest pops.

If they had 5.1 surround playing, they might completely miss the

chance to complain.

Just a thought.

best

cR

It was a really fun way to spend an evening! That and cleaning guns after the drive home! I could be persuaded to shoot at night a couple times a year, for sure! Might have to shoot cap and ball next time.

Archived