SASS Wire Forum

Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't

Subdeacon Joe

Antis have been whining that "gun owners should have to have insurance just like car owners!!!" for years.  Now they are calling that "murder insurance."

From the Facebook group where I found this:

I get such a kick out of this. First, they screech that they want us to get insurance. Fine... NRA starts advertising Carry Guard (there are others, but this is about Carry Guard). Now, the head harpy is screeching that insurance is tantamount to "murder insurance."

From the head harpy herself: "NRA Carry Guard proves that for the NRA's leadership, no idea is too absurd, reckless or depraved," said Shannon Watts, founder of the Everytown-affiliated Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense in America. "For years, NRA lobbyists have pushed to allow guns for anyone, anywhere, anytime - no questions asked. Now they've figured out how to profit from gun owners concerned about being accused of murder. Carry Guard is just more proof that NRA leaders will do anything for money."

As an aside, apparently she never looked into it. Because here is some info from the FAQ on Carry Guard (https://www.nracarryguard.com/help/faq/):

"Each NRA Carry Guard member’s insurance applies to four components: Civil suit liability, civil defense legal costs, criminal defense reimbursement and supplementary payments. When an NRA Carry Guard member uses a legally possessed firearm in self-defense, the member will have immediate access to their insured supplementary payments. This amount is up to 20% of the criminal defense reimbursement limit. Any criminal defense costs incurred by the member are reimbursed when their case is dismissed or are found not guilty. If a civil suit is presented by the alleged victim(s), the remaining policy limit will apply. Supplementary payments and related criminal defense reimbursement expenses will reduce the amount of insurance available for civil suit damage awards."

Unless I missed something, it has to be in self defense. Murder, which is inherently NOT self defense, is NOT covered.

Harpies amuse me.

The anti-gunner suffers from hate induced ignorance.  Or is it ignorance induced hatred?

If every black gun is a Assault Weapon !

Why would you think they would not call it Murder insurance ?

You Cant Fix Stupid Period 

Rooster 

28 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

How about a counter:  Protesters should be required to have insurance to cover any people injured during their "actions."  <_<

Hmmmm....

I just might propose that to my State Senator,  Mike McGuire.   Something along the lines of "All people joining in public protests must carry liability insurance or post a $500,000 bond, to cover damage or personal injury caused by riot, arson, battery,  or any other violence associated with the protest, demonstration, or other activities. "

Black Guns Matter!

Archived