SASS Wire Forum

NFL Players Target SECOND AMENDMENT

Charlie T Waite

Just at a loss on this one...whatever games I may have watched before after they started all their protest are definitely off the table now.  I personally am done with the NFL.  Here's another article on the NFL subject.

Charlie

I saw that crap on one of the talking heads' sports shows this morning!!  BUNCH OF DAMNED SELL OUTS!!  Neither side has a concept of just who ACTUALLY pays the bills!!  I noticed last night as I flipped through the channels, just how empty the stands were in Baltimore!!  Won't take long at that rate for the owners and the stadium managers to get the message!!

A TOTAL BOYCOTT OF ALL NFL PRESENTATIONS ON THE WEEKEND OF NOVEMBER 11th SHOULD CAPTURE THEIR INTEREST!!!

4 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I saw that crap on one of the talking heads' sports shows this morning!!  BUNCH OF DAMNED SELL OUTS!!  Neither side has a concept of just who ACTUALLY pays the bills!!  I noticed last night as I flipped through the channels, just how empty the stands were in Baltimore!!  Won't take long at that rate for the owners and the stadium managers to get the message!!

A TOTAL BOYCOTT OF ALL NFL PRESENTATIONS ON THE WEEKEND OF NOVEMBER 11th SHOULD CAPTURE THEIR INTEREST!!!

I am done with them period - They have no respect for our country & now our constitution.

I live in a pro football town. There are a number of folks here whse livelihoods depend on the success of this franchise, so while I detest the actions of players who show disrespect for the flag, anthem, and nation, I’m hoping that the owners and facility management get a handle on this and put the issue to bed, permanently!!!

The dissatisfyed players have plenty of time and money to help correct and improve the social issues they don’t like by actually

DOING SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE ABOUT THOSE ISSUES!!

" meant to ease tension between law enforcement and those who fear police violence. "

Well yanno maybe if they stopped hiring cops who go off the rails, power trip and generally act like douche bags maybe people wouldn't feel so tense around them.  Also, I'd grain of salt this.  It is not uncommon for several players on any given team to carry a piece for protection.

I would like to see the owners get a handle on this also.  With their ratings now 20% down I am wondering how much lower they will go before they start to take action.  We've had a few out here who had made their livelihoods on the success of the NFL.  Funny thing is I went into one of the speciality shops last week.  They were clearancing NFL items.  But they now were displaying new MLB, NBA & NHL items that they had not carried previously.  I spoke with one of the people about it and was told that the sales of NFL items has tanked so far this year so they have been liquidating most the stock at cost for the past few months.  He said he would not reorder until things started to improve, but even at that the current prices, items were moving slow.  I wonder how many others are doing the same thing.  Also, as for It not being uncommon for players to carry a piece for protection, several have been arrested for doing so unlawfully; mostly they hire private security.  

3 hours ago, CurlyDrew42 said:

" meant to ease tension between law enforcement and those who fear police violence. "

Well yanno maybe if they stopped hiring cops who go off the rails, power trip and generally act like douche bags maybe people wouldn't feel so tense around them.  Also, I'd grain of salt this.  It is not uncommon for several players on any given team to carry a piece for protection.

Pretty wide 'brush' you 'paint' LEO's with.......:rolleyes:

You really need to see the criminal records of some of these players. They can't legally own a gun or vote.

OLG

On 10/27/2017 at 3:13 PM, CurlyDrew42 said:

Being from a family of law enforcement background, this is disappointing to hear repeatedly. Almost ALL of these supposed “off the rails” officers are in fact only guilty of doing their jobs properly .  The case that made these false accusations so popular was just one example of how phony these charges and generalizations actually are. The “Michael Brown” or “Ferguson” case was as trumped up, press driven, misleading, “If it bleeds it leads!”, PHONY a media event as has EVER been played out on the American public.

They couldn’t make that one stick, so they continue throwing this crap out again and again, hoping that just maybe ONE of these incidents will bear fruit!

In the late ‘60s and early ‘70s my father was charged with “Police brutality” on more than one occasion. In every one of these instances, it was found that the charges were attempts to misdirect attention from the actual crimes committed in order to circumvent the justice system. The one that stands out involved a prisoner in custody who attacked my dad in an elevator in the jail. The culprit was handcuffed in front and when my father walked him into the elevator the perp stepped to the rear. Dad turned to press the button for the lockup floor and when the doors closed, the criminal reached over Pop’s head with the cuffs and tried to choke him from behind. Dad managed to flip the man over his shoulder and then knocked him out with a punch that broke his jaw in several places.

The local Racial Carpetbagger attorney brought “brutality” charges, but when the court saw the medical evidence of the attempted choking, the charges were dismissed and the Carpetbagger was reprimanded for bringing blatantly false charges.

In those days it was SOP to charge police with brutality and racial bias.  Today that has again become the fashion.  One such event then encourages ANY subsequent arrestees to make the same claims. ALMOST ALL OF THESE CLAIMS ARE CRAP!!!

And don't forget ALL of the BS that came out of obama's mouth that was wholly and consistently anti-law enforcement for 8 long, miserable years. The crap he said stirred up anti-police sentiment and the MSM ran with it as if it was gospel. obama did NOTHING for law enforcement except break them down and vilify them. :angry:

And what does NFL stand for? Not For Long, hopefully.

It is not a big surprise that it was in San Francisco that this money was donated to foster anti 2A sentiment.

On 10/27/2017 at 4:53 PM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Don't get me wrong.  I don't think all cops are bad.  I know several pretty awesome law enforcement types.  But it only takes a few chumps to make every one else look bad.  City PD in any given state in this country are generally overworked, underpaid, undermanned and under trained.  You can't expect a person to do their job well in those conditions and when some jackanape loses his/her cool and shoots some poor shlub nine times, or proceeds to ground and pound someone with no serious provocation it makes life even harder for the men and women who do their jobs with dignity and intelligence and compassion.

8 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

You have never been is a SD shooting and it's obvious

You are correct,  I have never been in a gunfight.  Plenty of brawls and been attacked with any number of things (San Bernardino was crumby place to grow up what can I say). But did that cop have to drill Philando Castillo 7 (I know I mis spoke the 9) times?  That dude was seat belted in his car, with his partner and their daughter. He was a card carrying member of the NRA and had a license to carry concealed, told the officer that he had a weapon and was trying to get his ID out.  Even the other cop kept saying that PC wasn't reaching for a gun.  That officer, Yanez I think, never should have been on the street.  But like I said, PD is generally understaffed so they take what they can get and sometimes what they can get hasn't got the brains to pour pee out of a boot.

But I do have a concealed carry permit and I do plan to carry once I get some training.  Because I know that cops can't be everywhere.  I finally talked my wife into carrying too. I would rather have to pay for a lawyer than go to a morgue to ID a body.

44 minutes ago, CurlyDrew42 said:

Don't get me wrong.  I don't think all cops are bad.  I know several pretty awesome law enforcement types.  But it only takes a few chumps to make every one else look bad.  City PD in any given state in this country are generally overworked, underpaid, undermanned and under trained.  You can't expect a person to do their job well in those conditions and when some jackanape loses his/her cool and shoots some poor shlub nine times, or proceeds to ground and pound someone with no serious provocation it makes life even harder for the men and women who do their jobs with dignity and intelligence and compassion.

I doubt that the "victim" was told to reach for ANYTHING! In doing so, he placed himself in jeopardy!  It is sad that things went bad from there, but if he made a move to retrieve ANYTHING without direction, he brought it on himself!!!  How was the officer to know what he was reaching for???  Even if the deceased SAID he was getting his wallet or ID or ANYTHING, how would the officer know for sure?? 

The fact that it seldom happens, along with the fact that most of those instances are reported with so much bias and so many falsehoods mixed in that the truth is mostly obscured by "If it bleeds, it leads" reactionary "journalism" that would rather sensationalize than inform, all add up to it NOT being anywhere near the problem that certain factions would have you believe.

Here in Nashville this year, a known criminal was stopped and questioned for a traffic offense. At a point during the ensuing confrontation/struggle, the suspect produced a pistol which fell to the ground.  The officer stepped back and drew his own service weapon and when the perp made a move to retrieve his weapon, the officer shot and killed him.  The local race baiters and the family, (who of course claimed that the subject was a "Good, church going boy!") have continued to "demand justice" for this criminal, AND THE LOCAL MEDIA EATS IT UP AND SPEWS IT ALL OVER THE AIRWAVES!!!

It's gotten to the point that I'm ready to dismiss ANY AND ALL claims of police misconduct, if for no other reason than to balance out these claims against all of the "He was a good boy. He was straightening out his life!" crap that materializes EVERY TIME one of these criminal peckerwoods get his chips cashed in for him!!!  One could make a case for cops becoming the boogeyman if it would put a stop to all of these idiot thug assed pukes trying to bluster, bully, and bluff their way along the criminal path!!  The hard core part of me says that maybe the police put a bunch more of 'em in a grave and these thugs will think long and hard before trying to resist.

I was mistakenly stopped and arrested once and when the officer saw my weapon, he drew his and ordered me to the ground.  Those of you who have seen me up close can easily see why a trooper who is 5' 8" tall and weighs 175 pounds fully dressed and equipped, would be completely on edge in a face to face confrontation with me and I'm armed to boot.  I followed his orders to the letter.  I let the process take its course. In minutes, he was relaxed and became completely pleasant to deal with again.  I took my ride to the jail and in a little while I was back on my way, doing my job again.  Nobody was hurt and only a little time was killed.  

How about the fact that he said nut'n to the officer and reached for whatever, after admitting he had a weapon.

Let's not let FACTS come into play here.......:rolleyes: You don't tell a cop you have a gun and then reach for somedangthing and not expect to get shot.

Officers are not mindreaders....

I done with this........carry on.

OLG

Haven't watched an NFL game this year - my life and blood pressure :D have been better off!

BTW: As far as the officers who have had to deal in actions that were deadly for the thugs?.....my prayers are up....for the officers and their families. Glad they made it home, no matter how many shots were fired.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

This is starting to go way off track - Please keep it about our 2A rights or I will have to lock it.

Thanks 

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2017 at 7:53 PM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

You really need to see the criminal records of some of these players. They can't legally own a gun or vote.

OLG

NFL=National Felon League!

Archived