SASS Wire Forum

Search Feature

To do a search for a member,  you need to select Members from the drop-down menu. I searched for a member and his name came up in the results.

To search for key words in all topics, you need to select "All Content" from the drop-down menu, then type the words in the text box.

Click on the word "search" and the default setting will appear. Click on that and select what you are looking for from the drop-down menu. Then, type the Name or words you are searching for.

I'll tell you how I found this. I had several searches that I knew should have results and didn't. I knew that you selected Members this way. So, I took a look and my search somehow was set at Status Updates, which I had never searched for. :o :wacko:

I suspect that this may be the same thing that happened to some of you when your searches did not display appropriate results.

If the new configuration for the software is set to Status Updates (by default) then that is the WRONG setting.  Pick the one that most folks would want as the normal search- I would guess it would be All Content. 

I searched directly from the (simple) search box and did not use the Advanced Search screen which is where a user can see (and change) the focus and the content of the search.  Since the same simple search box then worked the next day, I believe I encountered something different that what you are describing.

Good luck,GJ

• Like 1

Mine defaults and returns back to "Status Updates" every time I tried it.  I have to manually change it for each new search.  Thanks for pointing this out Allie,  it is a little annoying but now that I see what's happening, I can deal with it.

• Like 1