SASS Wire Forum

How Do YOU Take Your Coffee?

Subdeacon Joe

It take my coffee... as grumpy as can be imagined. Don't speak to me, don't breath my name, don't even think about me until the coffee is gone. Failure to heed this warning is at your own risk and the consumer of the coffee shall not be responsible for any physical or emotional damage caused by ignoring this warning. 

Sticks (will break your bones)

I used to drink coffee black at home but when I got in the military, I started adding sugar and milk. I still add milk or creamer and sugar. But I can say honestly Ive only been to starbucks once! I don't do crapachino or frapachino and it was the worse coffee I have ever had including the military coffee. We buy Kona beans and grind em at night for coffee in the morning.

Oh I don't use sugar anymore I use Agave syrup, sweeter than sugar and takes less.

Boiled in my old time coffee pot over an open fire !!  After it boils, take off the fire, pour in a cup of cold water to knock the grounds to the bottom, then pour into a tin cup and enjoy the coffee and the company of the campfire you built..... ain't nothin like it.... good,stout, true cowboy coffee !!

Black. And if it won't float a fence staple it's too weak. Went to Cafe du Monde in New Orleans once and they were taken aback that I DIDN'T want cream in my coffee. Kinda like ordering black coffee at Starbuck's (which I refuse to patronize anymore).

JHC

Late to the party...

If I am having coffee and a donut, then the coffee must be black to balance out the sweet donut.

Otherwise, the best is the way my Papa taught me when I was about three years old...cream and sugar, and slopped into the saucer; drink it from the saucer rather than the cup!  :lol:

On 10/24/2017 at 10:07 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

25 -30 Years ago I drank my coffee with cream and sugar. I went on a 2 week camp trip and forgot my cream and sugar and have been drinking it black since.

I will never forget my first time at a  Starbucks and asked for a "large black coffee".

She said "What kind?"

I said "Black"

She said "We have (then she named off a bunch of different blends), which one would you like?"

I said, rather befuddled, "Look, I just want some black coffee....which one tastes most like Folgers?"

I do believe I heard a gasp of surprise from all the other patrons....

She recommended some lbend and I said okay, I will have that.

She asked what size again and I said "large".

She said we have "grande, and..." I stopped her there and said "Grande, that's larger, I''' take that"

You see I thought she meant "Grande"...not pansy-speak for what large would be to a small child....

So, just so you know if you want a large black coffee at Starbucks now ask for "a Vente (big) or Trenta (bigger), "blonde" pour over" It's a good medium roast that doesn't need other flavors to conceal the acidic burnt beans they use.

Ain't that the truth!!!

Coffee was my breakfast from 5 th grade though 12 th, 1/3 sugar, 1/3 milk and 1/3 coffee.

Now I have 6 rounded teaspoons of sugar, an oz or 2 of half & half the rest regular coffee.

When my wife and I have breakfast out it always bugs her that I use up all the little sugar packets and ask for more. I will have this pile of empty packets, 10 per cup.

Never have liked flavored coffee or creamer.

SR

1 hour ago, Silver Rings SASS # 27466 said:

Coffee was my breakfast from 5 th grade though 12 th, 1/3 sugar, 1/3 milk and 1/3 coffee.

Now I have 6 rounded teaspoons of sugar, an oz or 2 of half & half the rest regular coffee.

When my wife and I have breakfast out it always bugs her that I use up all the little sugar packets and ask for more. I will have this pile of empty packets, 10 per cup.

Never have liked flavored coffee or creamer.

SR

You were just one ingredient short of the latest rage in morning pick me up milkshakes....:D

I used to make drip or French press coffee, with fresh-ground beans, and I drank several cups per day. Now, I just have one cup (1 rounded tsp.) of Nestlé's French Roast Instant with 1/8 cup of Café d'Vita.

If I'm on the road for a long drive, I'll have a tall (12 oz.), non-fat, triple shot Latte at Starbucks. Mickey D. makes a good one too.

Archived