SASS Wire Forum

How Do YOU Take Your Coffee?

Subdeacon Joe

Black with a shot of Jameson.

I like my coffee like I like my women...

Old and bitter...

Seriously, usually black. On occasion with a bit of cream.

Black, in a mug and very hot.

What is a psychopathic trait?  Is it something like standing for the anthem, helping someone when they need it, service to your country, honor, duty, country, obeying the law even when you don't want to, paying your taxes, smiling when you actually should be crying.  not taking 3.5 million dollars for a stupid study.   

Definition

a person with a psychopathic personality, which manifests as amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc

REB, the first part of that went around the internet for awhile, but has since been disclaimed. The second part speaks for itself.

Good coffee doesn't need anything.

Reminds me of when I ordered coffee at starbucks. They asked me what I wanted I said coffee while pointing to a cup. They got confused and asked if I wanted some mocha frappa crappachino thing. I replied" No, coffee hot in a cup." still very confused they asked again. I answered "Hot water poured over grounds, preferably through a filter." They had to call a manager. They never heard of black coffee, I suppose. 

I'm saying "they" as not to offend their gender-neutral snowflakedom.

Hot Black and a Double shot of Kalua !

Just sayin 

Rooster 

Drank it black wnen I was young....but I was tougher then.

Now I’m more mellow.

I like my coffee like I like my women. Hand picked by Juan Valdez, tied up in a gunny sack and thrown across the back of a burro!

5 hours ago, DocWard said:

I like my coffee like I like my women..

Old and bitter...

Seriously, usually black. On occasion with a bit of cream.

Hey Doc, I am with you half the way on this one. I like mine bitter!

22 minutes ago, Sagebrush Burns, SASS # 14226 said:

I like mine with hot chocolate.

That's purty good. Getcha a pack of Swiss Miss (or somethin' similar) but insteada usin' hot water to mix it, use hot coffee.

I used to drink it black ("What do you take in your coffee?" - Coffee) when I was young and rough and tough, but since about last Christmas I been puttin' a dollop of Bailey's in it, and that's purty dang good.

I like my coffee black, nothing added.  I made the mistake once of ordering a black iced coffee at Starbucks. I told the person taking my order I wanted plain, nothing but coffee, iced. The smart a$$ handed me a cup with ice, and a handful of coffee beans in it!! We got a good laugh and then I asked it I could have some water with my coffee beans.

Howdy,

Make mine Dunkin, with a spot of cream or from the hand of

a little blonde angel who works sometimes at the local beanery.....

I keep wanting to leave my Miata keys for her tip.....

Best

CR

25 -30 Years ago I drank my coffee with cream and sugar. I went on a 2 week camp trip and forgot my cream and sugar and have been drinking it black since.

I will never forget my first time at a  Starbucks and asked for a "large black coffee".

She said "What kind?"

I said "Black"

She said "We have (then she named off a bunch of different blends), which one would you like?"

I said, rather befuddled, "Look, I just want some black coffee....which one tastes most like Folgers?"

I do believe I heard a gasp of surprise from all the other patrons....

She recommended some lbend and I said okay, I will have that.

She asked what size again and I said "large".

She said we have "grande, and..." I stopped her there and said "Grande, that's larger, I''' take that"

You see I thought she meant "Grande"...not pansy-speak for what large would be to a small child....

So, just so you know if you want a large black coffee at Starbucks now ask for "a Vente (big) or Trenta (bigger), "blonde" pour over" It's a good medium roast that doesn't need other flavors to conceal the acidic burnt beans they use.

Bullet proof style - No BS, look it up on youtube!! Try it!! Best coffee you will ever drink P.S. add 100% real maple syrup instead of sugar to sweeten ( Throw away that pancake syrup thats fake trash) or use honey or agave, much better for your body! (and I would add makers mark or wild turkey 101 if the days been rough on ya') :)

I'm with you on that Charlie.

If your at Winter Range give me a shout good coffee, good Bourbon are always available 

16 minutes ago, twelve mile REB said:

I'm with you on that Charlie.

If your at Winter Range give me a shout good coffee, good Bourbon are always available 

If I were at WR I'd take you up on that kind offer.  It'd be fun for sure.  Unfortunately, not in the cards for this year.

18 hours ago, Alpo said:

That's purty good. Getcha a pack of Swiss Miss (or somethin' similar) but insteada usin' hot water to mix it, use hot coffee.

I used to drink it black ("What do you take in your coffee?" - Coffee) when I was young and rough and tough, but since about last Christmas I been puttin' a dollop of Bailey's in it, and that's purty dang good.

That's the ticket - the only thing better is to use cinnamon schnapps instead of coffee with the hot chocolate.

11 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Perked over a propane stove at the cabin. Hot with cream and sugar.

Then later that day, out of a thermos over a deer!

Archived