SASS Wire Forum

2018 Southwest Regional Championship

Flat Top Okie

Hello All,

We are now accepting applications for the 2018 Southwest Regional Championship to be held at home of the Oklahoma Territorial Marshals, in Arcadia, Oklahoma on April 19th-21st.

As many of you know, in 2018 The Southwest Regional Championship will be Land Run and we invite all SASS members to attend. In 2018 Missouri becomes part of the Southwest Region and we invite all of our friends who have shot Land Run and Rid Dirt Rampage in the past and those who have not to join us for a great match.

Thanks,

Flat Top Okie 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where can I find the application?

I checked your clubs website and it only showed me info on 2017.   I didn't see anything on 2018 unless I overlooked it.

Thanks

..........Widder

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity,  I’ve noticed that this year’s state and regional shoots in OK were held on Thurs - Sat.   Is there a reason not to hold them on Fri - Sun?   I would think the latter would be easier for working folks, since it means one less vacation day to sign out for. 

ETA:  the awards banquet, duh. 

Hi Sgt.

The side matches are held on Thursday. The main match is Friday and Saturday. We have found that most shooters prefer it this way which allows Sunday to be the travel day. We have a large banquet at The National Cowboy Museum in OKC and we present awards on Saturday night so the match must be completed on Saturday.

Thanks for your interest.

Flat Top

Sassy and Billy Boots sure look forward to it.  Been to long.......

8 hours ago, Mack Hacker, #60477 said:

Buttons on left side of webpage. Click on Land Run 2018

Mack is pointing us in the right direction.   Click on the button labeled Land Run 2018, then on the next screen click on the text link “Get your application in today” (to the right of the pic of the wagon.)  On the next screen after that, click on the text link “Application” (right below the word “APPLICATIONS” in a Victorian-era font.  That will bring up the application.   Clicking on any other link or button seems to bring you back to the APPLICATIONS page. 

Hit the right sequence and it did come up.  Don't know what I did, I just poked around until it magically came up.

Yo Flat Top Okie got our app's ready to mail out by pony express. See you all down the trail pretty quick.

Visiting family in Texas for Easter,  onto  Louisiana to Slicks shoot,  Comancheria Days,  Land Run 2018.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

Hello All,

If you are a little confused by the 2018 application, remember, this is the first time that every shooting style and costume category has the potential to be divided by age along with category all the way to the top. If you shoot in one those categories, be sure to denote age group, along with base category. When the entries are all in Mae will notify anyone whose category didn't reach the minimum number and you can select the category you wish to shoot. A little confusing perhaps, but we should get a good idea about category preference.

Flat Top 

4 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello All,

If you are a little confused by the 2018 application, remember, this is the first time that every shooting style and costume category has the potential to be divided by age along with category all the way to the top. If you shoot in one those categories, be sure to denote age group, along with base category. When the entries are all in Mae will notify anyone whose category didn't reach the minimum number and you can select the category you wish to shoot. A little confusing perhaps, but we should get a good idea about category preference.

Flat Top 

I suspect much more work for Mae, but I sure appreciate it.

Hi All,

Mae and I entered applications last night, so anyone who mailed by Friday should have received confirmation. Everyone seems to understand the new age opportunities. Be sure to check your confirmation.

Thanks,

Flat Top

Howdy All,

When Mae and I entered applications last night we had three from Arizona and three from Illinois. Thanks for coming from so far away. We will do our best to see that you have a good time. We usually have shooters from about 25 states. It will be interesting to see how many states are represented this year.

Flat Top

Hi all,

All the applications received over the weekend have been entered. Be sure to check your confirmation for category. With all the new available categories, it will be easy to make a mistake.

Thanks,

Flat Top

Hello All,

Last year I don't think we had the application posted until January 1st. This year we made the applications available earlier and we are enjoying overwhelming response. If you are bringing your RV, please submit your application as soon as possible. I think we will fill our our RV spots that have water and electric hook ups considerably earlier than in previous years. Mae and I entered applications last night so everyone who sent his or hers in should have received confirmation. Please remember to double check your category.

Flat Top

Hi Everyone,

Mae and entered another large batch of applications last night so you should have received your e-mail confirmation if yours was mailed last week. Thanks for the great response. We look forward to seeing everyone.

Flat Top 

Archived