SASS Wire Forum

Quick question about spring kits

Wild Will Bartell

Depends.  The NMV has had at least three grip frame variations.  The first two used a lock in the grip and then a plain stamped plate.  They are higher in the frame than the OMV so they used a different spring and strut.  The newer NMV seem to have the old style spring seat that sits lower in the frame.  Only way to tell is to take off the grips and look.  If you have an OMV or access to one compare the height of the spring seat.  If they are the same yes the springs will fit.  It the spring seat is higher no it will not.

Ok. Larsen, you were right about the newer model-it has the same strut and anchor position as the OMV. However, the spring kit,(Wilson Combat) is too light-the firing pin barely protruded through the recoil shield when I pulled the trigger. Not sure if the fact that this is a Bisley has anything to do with it or not, but nonetheless, I’m ordering 2 kits from Wolff. That should take care of the problem. The original hammer springs could be used to shore up the suspension of a ‘57 Chevy-Dang!!

Thanks for your help Larsen.

I just order the correct ones from Brownell's.  They have springs listed separately from the OMV and the NMV.  The springs also vary in strength from the OMV to the NMV.

LG-Your suggestion was spot on. I did have to detail strip one of them and remove 3 big burs and clean up the inside so the hammer would go all the way down with the lighter springs. They shot the entire Comanche Valley Vigilante Annual shoot without a hitch.

Thanks for your help.

WWB

Archived