SASS Wire Forum

Thank You: WARTRACE REGULATORS

Widder, SASS #59054

I don't know if its the props or the berms or the building fronts, but the Wartrace Regulators really know how to whip up a great Cowboy match.

Or maybe its the hittable targets,  or the stage scenarios.   

Maybe its the bullet vendors, clothing vendors, accessory vendors or even the food vendor that make this a great match.

Shucks, it might even be the level parking lots that are close to all the action.

AND, It could be the endless shooting activities that make this a great Cowboy match.

It might even be the 220+ participants that smile and treat you like a good friend.

It could even be the Wartrace Regulators who have obviously worked their booty off to ensure everyone has a great time and everything appears to run like a perfect organization.

I don't know exactly what it might be, but I do know that every year, The Wartrace Regulators seem to gel 3 days of our lives into memorable moments that most of us will never forget, and look forward to making more memories next year.

REGULATORS:   ya dun gud.    Thank you kindly and God Bless.

..........Widder

28 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

I don't know if its the props or the berms or the building fronts, but the Wartrace Regulators really know how to whip up a great Cowboy match.

Maybe its the bullet vendors, clothing vendors, accessory vendors or even the food vendor that make this a great match.

Shucks, it might even be the level parking lots that are close to all the action.

AND, It could be the endless shooting activities that make this a great Cowboy match.

It might even be the 220+ participants that smile and treat you like a good friend.

It could even be the Wartrace Regulators who have obviously worked their booty off to ensure everyone has a great time and everything appears to run like a perfect organization.

I don't know exactly what it might be, but I do know that every year, The Wartrace Regulators seem to gel 3 days of our lives into memorable moments that most of us will never forget, and look forward to making more memories next year.

..........Widder

+1

Don't forget the excellent food and awards ceremony on Saturday night.

4 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Pretty sure it was Papa Dave, Randy Saint Eagle, and the wagon load of  folks that organized the whole deal.  We had big fun!

Thanks to all you hard chargers!

Jackalope and Anita

It just does not get better than this match. Thanks to everyone who put so much into making this one great. And Tyrel is right the food on Saturday night was great. Class act all the way through

Thanks again and again. Great job by everyone.

It really was an excellent match in all respects! And it is visible the behind the scenes workers that makes it happen. Thanks to  all who work so hard so we can keep having fun!!!!

Posse 1 was the best though. Just sayin. 

I thought for sure someone was gonna say it was THE WHISKEY!! :D... and the food...

It was a super match - like a family reunion that I WANT to attend!  Genuine fun/warmth/welcome/hospitality!  Beautiful range and stages!  I shot the best match I've ever shot, which makes me happy but mostly, it's Posse 1...raising so much money as a group for cancer research, cutting the rope in 22shots - and making a lot of new friends along the way! Papa Dave, Randy St Eagle, Whiskey Hayes, PeDe, Tennessee Williams, Gunbutcher, Mrs.Pleasant, and so many others that I'm not mentioning because my brain is dead...

Thank you!  

Scarlett

A hardy thank you to all that made the match this weekend so memorable. Kid Nama and I tried our best to make the banquet Saturday night but only got as far a Wartrace. I cannot believe trains can sit on a track and not move for over 25 minutes. Unreal. GPS was no help in trying to find an alternate route to Bell Buckle, everywhere had a RR track to deal with. We really wanted one last opportunity to express our sincere thanks for all the hard work that obviously went in to producing the TN state match.

So glad you all came and enjoyed yourselves!!!  

Y'all come back now!!! YA' HEAR???

I decided to skip the Southwest Regional right here in my backyard of Oklahoma so that i could drive 10 hours to shoot with a good friend of mine in Tennessee. 

Little did I know what I was about to encounter........3 awesome days cram packed full of shooting, surrounded by warm welcoming people, with a backdrop of the rolling hills of Tennessee.

To all the Wartrace Regulators.....congrats on a job well done.

Red Knee

P.S. I "let" my good friend beat me with his 97 just so I'd have a good excuse for comin' back next year. 

2 hours ago, Red Knee said:

I decided to skip the Southwest Regional right here in my backyard of Oklahoma so that i could drive 10 hours to shoot with a good friend of mine in Tennessee. 

Little did I know what I was about to encounter........3 awesome days cram packed full of shooting, surrounded by warm welcoming people, with a backdrop of the rolling hills of Tennessee.

To all the Wartrace Regulators.....congrats on a job well done.

Red Knee

P.S. I "let" my good friend beat me with his 97 just so I'd have a good excuse for comin' back next year. 

I think everyone was finally glad to meet the Legend from Oklahoma.  

To the REGULATORS:    Red Knee told me that he shot MORE during this match than in any other match he had ever been.   And he enjoyed every moment of it.    Next year, should he return, his entry fee is on me..... along with another bucket of AA shells.   

I wonder if he's gonna 'let' me win the 97 event again when I visit Land Run next year in Oklahoma?

Time will tell!

..........Widder

:D Widder I'd be real careful gettin' on Red Knee's home turf.  I bet that super lube that he shares with friends/visitors  contains some Cactus juice mixed with just a shot of OK storm dust.   Their dust is just like Pixie dust only with a little more grit and gets into Everthing!  My warmest thanks to you and the rest of posse nine for all the help & support.  

C-U, C.W.  :FlagAm:

Widder,

I talked with Red Knee about us left handed 97 shooters and he gave me a little help. He's a real good lefty with that 97 and is quick!  Even picking up shells off the ground!! :D

Btw, The Wartrace bunch is some of the best there is. They put on a great match and I certainly appreciate all the hard work they all put in to make it great, and they do every year.

My Posse (Posse 1) was great. Never had to ask for spotters, brass wranglers, loading, unloading officers or help with the timer. Everyone jumped in and made it a pleasure to shoot with them. Made some new friends and got to shoot with some old friends too!

CW:   your advice is well taken.   I should be very careful..... :D

RED:  Red Knee is one of the best 97 shooters you will ever meet.   His left hand technique is tops.  His only stumbling block is during the last 2 shots.   If I ain't mistaken, I think he had a first 4 shots on the clock in 2.54 seconds at Wartrace.  

And I got to run the timer a little for both Red Knee and Boxx Car Kid and I recall the Kid having a first 4 shots in around 2.6+ or 2.7+.

Those fellers are lightning fast with the first 4 shots.   Not very many folks in our game can run 4 in sub 3 time and It was a pleasure to watch 2 of them do it at the same match.

If its nice on Saturday, I might get to see you again at Mystery Dog Ranch.   I expect to see some of those things Red Knee shared with you reflected in your stage times.

..........Widder

If its nice on Saturday, I might get to see you again at Mystery Dog Ranch.   I expect to see some of those things Red Knee shared with you reflected in your stage times.

..........Widder

I thought we were shootin doubles Saturday Widder?? :lol:

As good as the GA Match. Will be back. Wilder, again thanks for helping me with the Marlin. 

This was my first year.  I had a great time.  Thanks to all who worked to put this match on.

I met some new pards and can now put faces to some names here on the wire.

I have to add posse 1, great marshal and a great working posse.  We had the fattest envelope for the Cancer Society.  We also had a Lady GF, a smokey FCGF and an Outlaw along with several other smokey shooters and a Steam Punk.  What else do you need. :D

Thanks again,

Smoke

Archived