SASS Wire Forum

New JEDI Gunfighter

Cassalong Hopidy

My apologies if I missed a post to this effect.  In any event, congratulations to Shamrock Sadie,  new JEDI Gunfighter recognized and brought into the fold at the just concluded SASS Tennessee State Championship, the Regulators Reckoning.  Well deserved, she is not just a great competitor but has done much for many in the sport of cowboy action shooting.

I am guessing I am not the only who thought...."she wasn't a JEDI already?"...

Congrats Sadie!! Welcome to the Jedi's!

Need to make sure we get folks like Sadie honored..

don't feel bad Bubba, I asked the same thing after the Ohio State shoot when her time was honestly half that of the second place Lady Gunfighter....:blush:

but it meant a lot to me when she came over and congratulated me....even tho she whupped my butt that bad....very sweet lady and VERY good gunfighter, and I'm thrilled that she's now one of us!!!

Congratulations to SADIE, JEDI GF #247.

It takes more than just being a good GF to be JEDI, as we already know.   Sadie, just like many others, had to get atleast 1 year of shooting GF category before she could be considered.   Indeed, she has been on the Council's radar screen for a while and the TN State was the appropriate place for it.

ON A SIDE NOTE:  A special note of 'Thanks' to Last Kiss and Scarlett Darlin in honoring us with the presentation.

Last Kiss gave a very good, yet brief, description of what exactly is a JEDI.

Last Kiss is actually rated Master JEDI.  She is only 1 of 11 out of 250 JEDI that have that recognition.

And Scarlett Darlin placed the JEDI GF pin on Sadie's collar.

SADIE sure sets the bar high for the rest of us and is truly a credit to our game/sport.

...........Widder

I hate that I wasn't able to attend last night's Tennessee State Championship Banquet!!  FORTUNATELY, Widder gave me a heads-up yesterday morning!!  Congrats, Sadie!!  I had a hard time not spilling the beans to you or Not yesterday.

Like I said in another thread, You CERTAINLY make the Jedi more pleasant to look at!!  (think Korupt Karl!!!:lol::lol:)

I am really honored to be a part of the Jedi Gunfighter community! Before I started shooting matches as a gunfighter (in July 2016), I asked many gunfighters for tips on alternating and double-cocking and how they counted, how they pulled their hammers back, which pistols they used and why, etc. Each gunfighter I spoke to was encouraging and quite open to giving tips (even those in my soon to be LGF category), which intrigued me even more, as to me, that’s the cowboy and cowgirl way. As everyone knows, we’re not winning a Cadillac, so why not help each other out; it’s the right thing to do.

My first match as a gunfighter was with the Belton Bushwackers (a monthly match we occasionally get to in the upstate). There were some really good Imperial Gunfighter friends of ours that gave me great tips that day. We all laughed together as they worked me through each stage in the different ways to count it out. We then frequented other monthly matches where more tips were conveyed and more encouragement prevailed.

My first big match as a gunfighter was at the Indiana/Illinois State Championship, where there was a plethora of gunfighters willing to help, especially when I had a primer back out and lock up my pistol during a stage. Many of the cowboys gave great tips to me that weekend, which was greatly appreciated.

The best part of being a gunfighter is not only that extra challenge some of us thrive on, but the friendliness and willingness of other gunfighters in helping each other maneuver through the different options there are for counting, transitions, and firearms.

Thank you for the honor, Jedi Council and thanks to all of the gunfighter community for giving back.

Shamrock Sadie

(Jedi Gunfighter #247)

Guess I just made the assumption Sadie had been shooting GF for a long time!! 

Congrats again Sadie!!

When Sadie took the time out of a busy day to offer some really great suggestions to my Daughter, a new Duelist, I knew she was a super lady. Congratulations!

Archived