SASS Wire Forum

Standing

Red Cent

On 10/15/2017 at 4:33 PM, Dubious Don #56333 said:

The OP was spot on.

I for one have not and will not support the NFL any longer with my hard earned dollars. They can go .....you know where. As for the players who are 'protesting'. No one disputes the right to protest. That is a fundamental right in this great Country.

The venue and the manner of that protest however is highly inappropriate.

I object to the supposed reason for their protest. 'I hate President Trump' is not a reason and is so noted. 'I think President Trump is a racist' . Well I beg to differ on that one too. 'I hate America'. Ok. Coming from someone who makes millions and by any standard is a success that sounds a bit retarded and I would invite those who feel that way to leave whatever wealth they have accumulated and get out. Take a hike bozo and don't come back if you feel that way. 'I am protesting racial injustice and inequality'.  Ok, that's a worthy cause but wait a minute; this ain't the 1960's. This here's the now and we have come a long long way since then.

Despite that, there are people and groups working to subert that and convince us that isn't so. We just endured eight years of a President who should have brought us together but instead divided us. On purpose, I believe. Their purpose is the eventual downfall of America. Dividing us in just this manner is but one way.

These football players are nothing more than useful idiots along with all the others who continue to act in this manner.

First I will say that I do not agree with their protest nor support it. But I do support their right to do so. You don't get to say you support their right to protest but disagree with the venue and manner in which they do so. That's why it's called a protest. Just like they don't get to say they support your right to protest them and their actions, but that they don't support you turning off the television or not buying their sponsor's products. You either support their right to protest, or you don't. Supporting the right to protest is not the same as agreeing with it. I lost more than a few fellow Rangers in my time and would never not stand for the anthem, but I would like to believe that those fallen friends died protecting the founding rights, one of which is the right to protest. Now that being said, since the NFL is a private employer, I feel they have the right to fire these athletes for not standing for the anthem.

Just as a bit of information on the subject. One thing that people don't quite know or understand about players and standing for the anthem is that it's actually a relatively new phenomenon. I can't remember the year this started (2009 I believe), but up until recently football players weren't even on the field for the anthem. They stayed in the locker room and didn't come out until well after the anthem had finished. I just find that interesting.

I’ll tell you what insults the flag and military. Jerks who buy surplus uniforms, hang bogus medals on them and pretend to be combat badasses. :angry:

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I’ll tell you what insults the flag and military. Jerks who buy surplus uniforms, hang bogus medals on them and pretend to be combat badasses. :angry:

Stolen valor.

Plenty of videos on YouTube where people catch and confront on video people who have done just that. 

https://www.policeone.com/chiefs-sheriffs/articles/430751006-La-sheriff-boycotts-Ford-over-NFL-protests/?NewsletterID=429687044&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=PopularOnFacebook1Title&utm_campaign=P1Member&cub_id=usr_43R1jPG8lf1OeqFK

Here's a Sheriff that told his local Ford dealer that his agency will no longer purchase Ford vehicles as long as they continue to support the NFL. He talked the talk, and now is walkin the walk. I got a feeling we will be seeing more of this.

Found this little tidbit on another blog. The NFL just gets more and more interesting.

Here is something to consider. The NFL has hired Joe Lockhart as their Vice President if communications. Lockhart was the press secretary (not intern) and senior advisor to then president Clinton. After leaving the public payroll, he joined one of those inside the beltway Washington D.C. communications and government affair firms.

The N.F.L. Also hired Cynthia Hogan as Vice President of public policy and government affairs. Who is Cynthia Hogan you ask? Why she held the rank of Deputy Assistant to President Obama and counsel to then Vice President Joe Biden.

Connect the dots to the anti-American sentiment in the N.F.L. No politics here. The NFL denounce America, but willingly accepts a tax exempt status avoiding confiscatory taxation and conducts business in stadiums built with lots of government funding. Maybe the N.F.L. should boycott America completely and open franchises in third world countries and disrespect their citizens, their Nation and their traditions.

How anti police can you get when you refuse to stand for a moment of silence in triubute to a fallen officer. Never again will the NFL be seen in my home 

This thing has so morphed from what CK started last year that it is no longer recognizable. My understanding of Goodell's remarks yesterday is that the NFL has decided that the games are going to be the platform for any and all protests de jour.  When you protest for the sake of protest, the message gets lost and folks stop paying attention.  I no longer care whether or not they protest, I choose not to watch any program that is supposed to be entertainment but decides it needs to be my conscience and lectures me instead. When I watch news I want facts not opinions. SAme with any other show, if I want opinion, then I watch/read opinion. The news medias 24/7 feeding frenzy is driving this now, as it drives just about everything these days, IMHO.

Remind me again, what is the NFL?

Haven't watched a game in 4 or 5 years. Too much dope, too many wife beatings, too many replays, to many commercials, too many DUIs, too many contract disputes...........LIGAC.

Had this sent to me from a friend out west.

I've never seen a NFL player, team, or owner protest domestic violence, child abuse, animal abuse, rape, or murder. Have you? Ray Rice knocked his girlfriend out cold in a elevator. Remember that? No one protested his return to the league after a two game suspension. Two games!  Everyone knows about Mike Vick. Multimillionaire who fought dogs to their deaths in his backyard...to make a little extra cash?? I never remember a team, owner, manager, or player protesting that. Do you? What about Adrian Peterson? Remember when he beat his child so badly it broke the skin on the back of his legs? I don't remember Kaepernick sitting down for that one, do you? What about Ben RAPEthlisburger who cornered a girl in a bathroom at Georgia College in Milledgeville and got his bodyguard to watch the door while he raped her in the bathroom? I don't remember the Steelers protesting that one, do you? What about O.J. Simpson? He killed two people, nearly decapitating his ex-wife, but the NFL still shows highlights of "The Juice" running his way into their hall of fame. Funny how this works, isn't it? Remember "L.T."? Yeah, if you were an 80s kid like me you probably remember Lawrence Taylor. He was a crackhead who liked to party with 16 year old girls. I don't remember anyone protesting his behavior. Do you? How many people out there remember Lawrence Phillips? Google him. It will blow your mind. Anyone remember Mark Gastineau? Notorious wife-beater piece of garbage. No protests against him that I can remember. But all of the sudden, NFL players are the moral compass for our country? I DON'T THINK SO!

NFL ARREST DATABASE -
Team # of Arrests Since 2000
Minnesota Vikings 42
Cincinnati Bengals 40
Denver Broncos 36
Tennessee Titans 33
Miami Dolphins 28
Kansas City Chiefs 28
Jacksonville Jaguars 27
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27
Cleveland Browns 26
San Diego Chargers 25
Indianapolis Colts 24
Chicago Bears 23
Seattle Seahawks 20
New Orleans Saints 20
Washington Redskins 18
Oakland Raiders 18
Baltimore Ravens 18
Carolina Panthers 18
Green Bay Packers 17
Pittsburgh Steelers 17
Atlanta Falcons 16
San Francisco 49ers 16
Detroit Lions 15
New England Patriots 15
Buffalo Bills 14
Dallas Cowboys 13
New York Giants 13
Arizona Cardinals 12
New York Jets 11
Philadelphia Eagles 10
Houston Texans 9
St Louis Rams 8
Total: 656

Data source: San Diego Union Tribune NFL Arrest Database
 REALLY?  How many organizations do you know whose employees have been arrested 656 times.

Login

">

icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated Virus-free. www.avast.com

Try the new Yahoo Mail

Archived