SASS Wire Forum

The Capt. Schaeffers are here (with new pics)!

EMF called me today; I had ordered a pair of Capt. Schaeffer Piettas in July; their shipment has arrived stateside; they are calling to confirm orders, and expect to ship to buyers late next week.

My pair of sequentially numbered babies are the first ones out!!!

LL

schaeffer.jpg

7 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Gorgeous, Loophole!  :)

But... are ya gonna be allowed to slick 'em up...?  :huh:

Certainly; nothing that a smith does to my guns will "increase the rate of fire"....they will still have a built-in rate of fire governor, connected via my brain and finger.

LL

5 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Certainly; nothing that a smith does to my guns will "increase the rate of fire"....they will still have a built-in rate of fire governor, connected via my brain and finger.

Oh, LORDY, thass funny!!      *:)) laughing    *=)) rolling on the floor  

Howdy,

You are way outta my usual area.

But those look great.

Any chance they can be converted to use them new

fangled pre loaded ammunitions?

Very nice, good work, have eggs benedict for breakfast.

Along with a little bubbley

Best

CR

1 hour ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

VERY classy, Counselor!:blush:

Thanks, Buck.

I came to shooting late in life; no family heirloom guns, nothing from my childhood.  So I have followed one prime rule; any new gun I buy has to excite me; it has to be more than just a working tool; it needs pizzazz or uniqueness or extraordinary quality.

I think these fit the bill nicely.  We'll see.  I haven't been this excited since waiting for Santa to bring me a Red Wagon at age 5.

LL

26 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Thanks, Buck.

I came to shooting late in life; no family heirloom guns, nothing from my childhood.  So I have followed one prime rule; any new gun I buy has to excite me; it has to be more than just a working tool; it needs pizzazz or uniqueness or extraordinary quality.

I think these fit the bill nicely.  We'll see.  I haven't been this excited since waiting for Santa to bring me a Red Wagon at age 5.

LL

That pretty much fits my requirements also. 

On 10/13/2017 at 6:10 AM, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

LL

No espresso made with Red Bull for you then!

Are these your first Pietta cap guns?  Are you familiar with Pettifogger’s shop guide for checking them out before shooting them?  If not, please let us send you a copy of his excellent work; you can tune those yourself and have an even more enjoyable pair of revolvers!!  They are too beautiful to not allow them to shoot to their maximum potential!!

8 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Are these your first Pietta cap guns?  Are you familiar with Pettifogger’s shop guide for checking them out before shooting them?  If not, please let us send you a copy of his excellent work; you can tune those yourself and have an even more enjoyable pair of revolvers!!  They are too beautiful to not allow them to shoot to their maximum potential!!

J-Bar:

Actually, I've already spoken with Coffinmaker, and he's agreed to make them sing for me.  That is, after I get to drool over them for a day or two.  Just drool; no firing or turning of the cylinder permitted at this time. ;)

LL

4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Just drool; no firing or turning of the cylinder permitted at this time. ;)

Very important on new Piettas. The cylinder stop bolt will start peening the notches with the first pull of the hammer.

Might fine looking pistols!

• 2 weeks later...

Classy don't begin to describe them shootin' irons.

Well chosen, Sir. Both pairs. :D

And that 1860 Henry. ;)

Archived