SASS Wire Forum

Sgt. Saywut

8 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Doesn't have to be just a strong side holster either - you can use a weak side holster and a shoulder holster too. :P

As long as they’re on opposite sides of the body, correct?  ;)

Is it permissible to use a modified Weaver stance while two-handed shooting a stage - that is, with feet planted at 45 degrees to the shooting line?   I was practicing drawing from the shoulder holster, and found if I can shoot across my chest, strong arm straight and support arm bent, I could draw from the SH without breaking the 170 and without having to move around much.  Then after holstering the pistol, I could shift to the isoceles stance to draw my other pistol. 

Yes, I know it’s not duelist.  I’m just exploring my options ;)

2 hours ago, Sgt. Saywut said:

Is it permissible to use a modified Weaver stance while two-handed shooting a stage - that is, with feet planted at 45 degrees to the shooting line?   I was practicing drawing from the shoulder holster, and found if I can shoot across my chest, strong arm straight and support arm bent, I could draw from the SH without breaking the 170 and without having to move around much.  Then after holstering the pistol, I could shift to the isoceles stance to draw my other pistol. 

Yes, I know it’s not duelist.  I’m just exploring my options ;)

Yes...stand however you want (or need) to as long as the muzzles of the revolvers never point uprange when out of leather.
REF: "Holsters" SHB p.3

Archived