SASS Wire Forum

Correct Text of Second Amendment

I did some research on this a while back.

( some of the online references have been changed since i did this report )

the correct text:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

That is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!

It has been edited through the years by scurrilous politicians and the Media to suit their improper interpretation!!

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

That is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!

It has been edited through the years by scurrilous politicians and the Media to suit their improper interpretation!!

thanks

as I noted in my research report I became interested in this when I read Joyce Lee Malcoms report on the "comma theory"

I found it interesting that when I first research this -- checking what should be authoritative sources -- I couldn't find two alike !!

the real key though is in understanding that, as Constitutional law, the whole of the Bill of Rights -- actually the whole Constitution -- applies to the Federal Government...... extended by the 14th -- so as to be sure the states applied the equal protection of the law to everyone.

Right again!!

The Constitution is devised and written to limit the power and reach of the government!!  It is NOT written to enumerate the limits of the people.

Very good post. Everyone, especially every gun owner, needs to understand these differences.

Several years ago in the paper print version of the Chronicle Colonel Dan made the distinction between the words inalienable and unalienable. This was an eye-opener. Text differences like these in language mean a great deal and the Founding Fathers got that language right the first time. If more people took the time to understand what the original language and intent was we would have a larger stronger foundation upon which to base our legal arguments.

Bill Clinton almost went there (for his own legotistical reasons) when he said it all depends on what your definition of is is. Well, THIS all depends on what the Founding Fathers definition was and still is, and them fellers, unlike Bill Clinton, were not only looking out for themselves but every future generation that would become this nation. 

Maybe the text of the Second Amendment at the top of the Team SASS page should be changed to reflect what is actually written in the Constitution?

7 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Maybe the text of the Second Amendment at the top of the Team SASS page should be changed to reflect what is actually written in the Constitution?

that's why this post is here

the Founding Fathers experienced government tyranny first hand under the bRITISH cROWN

the Bill of Rights may be viewed as RX for Tyranny: It prohibits to the government the favorite practices of the tYRANT.

Archived