SASS Wire Forum

Wartrace side match

Billy the Avenger

21 SG KD's each.

Red Knee was far ahead of me although his shells were rolling off the table.  He actually finished his 20 KD's and waited on me to finish mine before firing his last shot.   He actually whooped me good in this contest.

I was grabbing 1 at a time from the table and each time I grabbed 1 shell, the others would start rolling towards the edge of the table.

RED KNEE is the epitomy of a true cowboy spirit in his competitive spirit and pure fun

But, it is true that 3 Wild Bunch shooters challenged Me, Red Knee and Missouri Traveller in a 21 KD contest.   The WB shooters stoked their SG's with 6 shells each and put some on the table for reloads.

Our team only used shells from the belt and started with empty SG's.

Our 'Final Plate' fell just a blink quicker than theirs and we won the first ever "Wild Bunch vs. Cowboys '97 Competition".

What a blast.

..........Widder

7 minutes ago, C. W. Knight # 47289L said:

Who were the Wild Bunch shooters?  

Randy will probably have to chime in.

I hope their names weren't Moe, Curly and Larry... :o

..........Widder

Ahhhh - that’s where all the fast ‘97 shooters were this weekend!  Didn’t see but a few folks at the Red Dirt Rampage (SW Regional) using those shotguns on Saturday, and just one gentleman with an 1887. 

YEP.

Red Knee, Boxx Car Kid, Missouri Traveler, Prestidigitator,  CopperHead Joe, Hurricane Charlie, Purly, and many others were blasting away at Wartrace.

..........Widder

49 minutes ago, Reno Mustang said:

S x S vr 97’s

Widder & Red Knee

All of these challenge matches were fun to watch especially watching Red Knee picking shells up off the ground, then waiting on Widder only to see Widder's target fall first.

Randy

Archived