SASS Wire Forum

Wartrace side match

Billy the Avenger

I want those 6 cases........ please.

I've already got plans for some of them...... :lol:

I won't mention any names, but I wouldn't put much $ on me winning it.   I hope to get some respectable times but knowing who will be involved, I'll feel lucky to be 4th or 5th in the 97 run.

I also have my picks for the SxS and the 87.

I do think the SG side match will be the most entertaining, regardless of Shotgun model.

Billy:  I will be bringing your 97 also.

See everyone Thursday.......EARLY!

..........Widder

10 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

I want those 6 cases........ please.

I've already got plans for some of them...... :lol:

I won't mention any names, but I wouldn't put much $ on me winning it.   I hope to get some respectable times but knowing who will be involved, I'll feel lucky to be 4th or 5th in the 97 run.

I also have my picks for the SxS and the 87.

I do think the SG side match will be the most entertaining, regardless of Shotgun model.

Billy:  I will be bringing your 97 also.

See everyone Thursday.......EARLY!

..........Widder

Widder, I'ma thunkin' you should use some of your speshul lube on Billy's 97 and his SxS, the same stuff you use on Purdy Boy's guns! ;)

Kajun

Krazy,

I'm saving all of my 'special lube' (the kind that looks and spells like PNut Butter)  for Red Knee's 97.

:D

Red Knee ain't traveling all the way from Oklahoma just to play marbles or hopscotch.   I think he's coming for revenge.

..........Widder

Widder, he might be coming to help tote all your loaded shot shells to the side match stage :D

Kajun

PS. Don't forget to give my package to Pig Iron Lane at the TN match. 

1 hour ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Krazy,

I'm saving all of my 'special lube' (the kind that looks and spells like PNut Butter)  for Red Knee's 97.

Red Knee ain't traveling all the way from Oklahoma just to play marbles or hopscotch.   I think he's coming for revenge.

..........Widder

Widder, is that special lube smooth or crunchy?

Randy

29 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Widder, is that special lube smooth or crunchy?

Randy

I have a special 'crunchy' blend for RED KNEE.

Not that anyone cares, but I think Red Knee and I are both bringing our LONG barreled 97's to fun around with on Thursday. 

Ya know, it ain't all about speed and super slicked up equipment but we honestly plan to have a blast on Thursday.   I will be using a rare 26 or 28" IAC.  I think RED KNEE has a longer barreled Winny that spits lightning bolts when he shoots it.

..........Widder

6 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I think we needed to get a film crew for the Shotgun side match, I think it will be something people would like to see. 

Randy

This ^^^^^

2 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

I have a special 'crunchy' blend for RED KNEE.

Not that anyone cares, but I think Red Knee and I are both bringing our LONG barreled 97's to fun around with on Thursday. 

Ya know, it ain't all about speed and super slicked up equipment but we honestly plan to have a blast on Thursday.   I will be using a rare 26 or 28" IAC.  I think RED KNEE has a longer barreled Winny that spits lightning bolts when he shoots it.

..........Widder

Widder....they ain't nuthin' like the smell of roasted peanuts....if'n you'd use some of that speshul lube on his fire spittin' Winny you'd attract more folks to watch the side match just from the smell :lol:

Kajun

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I think we needed to get a film crew for the Shotgun side match, I think it will be something people would like to see. 

Randy

Not a good idea.  Ya see, RED KNEE is wanted in 5 states west of the Mississippi, Cancun Mexico and a little place called Sidi Yahia in Morocco..... :o

No body knows exactly what he did in Morocco but rumor is that it has something to do with Prince Abdullah's daughter, Yakisha.

And that he killed the Prince's pet camel.... HaBiBi (pronounced:  HaBeeBee)

Hey, I don't make this stuff up!

..........Widder

7 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Thats a good plan.

Hey SGT, do you know Red Knee?  

..........Widder

We probably passed each other at the OK state match a couple weeks ago, but I haven’t had the honor of actually meeting him.   He wouldn’t be the long-haired fellow with the black/white spotted chaps, would he?

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Saywut said:

We probably passed each other at the OK state match a couple weeks ago, but I haven’t had the honor of actually meeting him.   He wouldn’t be the long-haired fellow with the black/white spotted chaps, would he?

Sounds like him.  And he may have been wearing a derby style hat.

..........Widder

I'll bring my long barrel 97 just to be part of the IN crowd.

I don't suppose it will win me any speed awards unless they're givin' awards for slowest.:lol:

Waimea

5 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Not a good idea.  Ya see, RED KNEE is wanted in 5 states west of the Mississippi, Cancun Mexico and a little place called Sidi Yahia in Morocco..... :o

No body knows exactly what he did in Morocco but rumor is that it has something to do with Prince Abdullah's daughter, Yakisha.

And that he killed the Prince's pet camel.... HaBiBi (pronounced:  HaBeeBee)

Hey, I don't make this stuff up!

..........Widder

Widder, maybe they could make sure Red Knee's face was fuzzy in the video's.:ph34r:

Randy

21 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Widder, maybe they could make sure Red Knee's face was fuzzy in the video's.:ph34r:

Randy

Randy,  as fast as he moves, it would probably still be fuzzy..... even with a high speed camera.....

:o

His pix on the Wanted Poster is just a blur.

I just got off the phone with him.   He's ready to rock and roll.

He's told me about some of his run times lately and they're nothing to take lightly.

I'm eager to shoot with him again and super glad he and I are on the same posse.

Just make sure the timer used on the Speed SG side match has a fresh battery..... :D

AND, hopefully it will be a timer with a good solid loud 'BEEP' to help me hear it.

..........Widder

So, speed SG is not about speed but how long your barrel is huh? I might have to pack my Win 97 trap gun. The barrel is so long on that thing I almost need a bipod to shoot it. Those boys on the trap field with their many $$$$$$$ guns hate to get beat by that old clunker. It even works most of the time.

Whiskey,

I already got some special asbestos lube for RED KNEE's shotgun.

It has a thick texture and smells just like PNut Butter..... :D

I still fear that he is gonna melt his barrel down..... :o

I'm bringing my 5 gallon bucket of shells for me and RED KNEE to burn thru.   We might not drive the '97 caddy' home, but we will do our best to supply some good entertainment.

..........Widder

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:45 PM, Waimea said:

I'll bring my long barrel 97 just to be part of the IN crowd.

I don't suppose it will win me any speed awards unless they're givin' awards for slowest.:lol:

Waimea

You and me Pardner.

2 hours ago, Dutch Coroner said:

Well?  Inquiring minds want to know.  :-). 

Dutch Coroner, since nobody's saying nothing...let's assume the worst and make up our own story.  I'ma thunkin Red Knee came out of Oklahoma on a storm cloud and whupped up on ole Widder and took his title, dignity, shotgun, and his 5 gallon bucket he carries his shells in.  That's my story....what's yours? ;):D

Kajun

4 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Dutch Coroner, since nobody's saying nothing...let's assume the worst and make up our own story.  I'ma thunkin Red Knee came out of Oklahoma on a storm cloud and whupped up on ole Widder and took his title, dignity, shotgun, and his 5 gallon bucket he carries his shells in.  That's my story....what's yours? ;):D

Kajun

I'm thinking that some teenage kid took their lunch money and they're to embarrassed to fess up. ;-). 

Well, I'm gonna post a comment with a cloudy memory of the Speed 97 events...

Shooter started with SG in HAND.  Other hand anywhere but NOT touching shells.

6 KD's placed about 8-9 yards out from shooters position.

2 KD's were about 10" circles,  sitting up on stands to the left side of the berm.   Those 2 targets were approx 4.5' apart.

2 KD's were placed in the middle of the berm.   They were on the ground approx 12+ feet from the left pair.  One of them was a tombstone shape, approx 9" wide and 16" tall.   The other KD in the middle was spaced about 40" to the right of the tombstone but I don't remember the shape.

2 KD's  were placed on the right side of the berm, approx  10 feet from the middle pair.  They were also up on stands and I 'think' that both of them were 10" circles.

More faint memory:

RED KNEE:  4.86

BOXX CAR KID:  4.68

WIDDER:   4.59

(I thought Red Knee and the KID were gonna force me to turn on my afterburners but I survived on cruise control..... :lol::lol: (if you believe that, I got a nice bridge to sell you in NY).

Personally, I think this was one of the best setups I've been involved in shooting.   There were no tricks or hindrances involved (like a tall table or short table or extra movements that help the 'fleet of foot' and hurt us ole timers....:lol::lol: 

It allowed the SHOOTER to decide the manner in which they thought they could shoot & hit the targets the quickest based on their individual style.

Hats off the Wartrace Posse and especially the Side Match workers who worked hard and made us all feel welcome.

..........Widder (its gonna take me till next year to recuperate).

Also after the Team shoot was over there was a challenge issued to Widder, Red Knee and Missouri Traveler to shoot 21 KD targets head to head against 3 Wild bunch shooters with stoked shotguns. All 6 shooters were shooting at the same time. When the last target fell the Cowboy shooters beat the Wild Bunch. It was a lot of fun seeing 41 targets fall in a few seconds.

Randy

IMG_2371.JPG

I was there, I timed a lot of it and reset targets for the rest. it was a treat to see the speed and agility with which those folks went about it. AND THEY HAD FUN. We had fun watching, I'm glad I was a part of it. Hope to get more new folks to come next year.

Imis

Archived