SASS Wire Forum

Classic Cowboy outfit requirement question

Wild Walt. 92206

I was thinking about doing some shooting in Classic Cowboy.  I just have a question on the outfit requirements.

I am clear on needing 5 items that are outlined in the Shooter's Handbook.

I have a couple of American Civil War cavalry costumes, one Union, and one Confederate.  I believe that I read somewhere that military uniforms are used for Classic Cowboy, but not B-Western.

I am wondering if the uniform jackets are counted as a vest, or if I have to wear a vest under the jacket?

Being all wool, the jacket is plenty warm by itself.  I would rather not wear a vest under it.  I suppose that I could just wear the vest and not the jacket, but I like the looks of the jacket.

They are worn with shirts under them.

I have checked with several people that shoot classic cowboy, as well as several club officials, and nobody is sure of the answer.

From the list, you only need to wear a minimum of five of the items. A jacket is on the list, so you would only need to wear four additional items from the list

A lot of the classics I know (and I am also guilty of this too) don't stop at the minimum amount of accoutrements. What fun is that in a costume based category anyway? :rolleyes:

My guess is you won't ever stop putting together the sundry parts of what can make a classic cowboy costume high maintenance. You might even wind up with a closet full of all sorts of stuff from which to choose. Oh, did I say classic cowboy and high maintenance and same sentence? ;)

It's part of the fun.

:D

39 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

A lot of the classics I know (and I am also guilty of this too) don't stop at the minimum amount of accoutrements. What fun is that in a costume based category anyway? :rolleyes:

My guess is you won't ever stop putting together the sundry parts of what can make a classic cowboy costume high maintenance. You might even wind up with a closet full of all sorts of stuff from which to choose. Oh, did I say classic cowboy and high maintenance and same sentence? ;)

It's part of the fun.

:D

Very true. I usually wear 8 items from the list, and feel odd when I leave something off

Archived