SASS Wire Forum

Dream Gun Rooms

Need a spare wall for archery and knives but some of those nice wood cabinet jobs with the island in the middle are pretty nice.  The one with the brick is nice too.

HECK!!  Mine is just a little starter set!!  Kinda' like the old "Easy Bake Oven!!""  :lol::lol:

I tend to favor the one with the fireplace flanked by glass front cases, with double recliners and a Remington on the counter.  I really want a Western theme with Western guns.  The black rifles and modern pistols can stay in a safe.

Now, if I can just figure out a way to finance the addition to the cottage, complete with gun room built into lower level garage, with vault door and independent HVAC......

LL

I suspect many of those are commercial showrooms...impressive and beautiful in any case.

I'm glad collectors can indulge themselves, but I am a shooter first and foremost.  There are a very few firearms in my possession that I am "caretaking" as family heirlooms. Most of my guns are working guns... competition, hunting, or plinking.  I simply don't have enough years left to live to shoot all the firearms in those large collections!  I would rather they be owned and enjoyed by folks who try to wear them out!! :D

Thanks for posting the collage.  It's encouraging to know that we live in a time when such collections can exist.

Several years ago on our 25th wedding anniversary, my wife and I met an internet friend, Steve, who worked in the Holland & Holland gun room in New York City.  My friend was handing me guns out of those cabinets like I would have handed out guns from my gun safe.  After relaying a story about me shooting Lizzie's first bird with a .410, Steve handed me an exquisite little .410 SxS .  I took it to my wife who was sitting in one of corner chairs shown in the photo below.  I showed her the .410 and she asked, "How much is it?"   I replied, "Oh, only $67,000."   There were just a few nice bird guns in that gun room...^_^

Memorable gun room experience.

IMAG0065-900x507.jpgt

Archived