SASS Wire Forum

Hell Must Be Freezing Over - Slate Published Some Honest Data

Subdeacon Joe

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/10/what_the_white_mass_shooter_myth_gets_right_and_wrong_about_killers_demographics.html

his disparity, which could be thought of as the statistical non-whiteness of mass shootings, is much smaller in magnitude than the one for killings nationwide. Overall murder rates among black Americans are 6.3 times higher than they are for whites, according to a report from the Bureau of Justice Statistics. The same report suggests white offenders made up just 45.3 percent of everyone who committed homicides between 1980 and 2008. In other words, white Americans may be somewhat underrepresented among mass shooters, but they’re even more underrepresented among all killers. In that limited sense, it would be fair to say that whites are responsible for more public massacres than you might expect. Does that mean their whiteness is a factor in these crimes?

If you look closely, the first lie that's offered, and one that is NOT refuted is that the perpetrator "Stephen Paddock SHOT more than 500 people"!!  I read the whole article and started on the one that followed and the very first paragraph in that article contained the SAME prevarication!!

I pointed out earlier that not contesting these statements would lead to this very thing.  I'm sad, but NOT surprised to see that I was correct!!

Archived