SASS Wire Forum

NRA Joint Statement relating to recent event in LV

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

I am diametrically opposed to this point of view!!  Any further intrusion or infringement is intolerable!!  NO COMPROMISE!!  NO EQUIVOCATION!!

We, along with the NRA organization, have fought long and hard to reclaim many aspects of the Second Amendment to our favor!!  This is no place to let up!!!

The NFA statutes are actually unconstitutional!!  The plaintiff in that case in the '30s was absent and the government was awarded the win by DEFAULT!!! 

Compromise is what you do to arrive at an agreement on where to go eat!!  Compromise is how you settle a dispute when choosing a name for the kid!!

YOU DON'T COMPROMISE ON YOUR GOD GIVEN, CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED, CIVIL RIGHTS!!  We've done WAAAAAAY too much of that already!!!!

I'm still gonna' pay off my NRA life membership, but from here on out I'll donate more to the Second Amendment Foundation!!

All, I have posted this on another thread as well;

I appreciate all the dialog lets keep it going but I do ask that we consider what we type.  Remember this is a public family friendly form and although I may agree with you thoughts and feelings we are supposed to set the example.  I don't like or want to edit/hide anyones post like what happens on the other threads.  We have a great group of TSSDs and others who post and read the information as well as possible solutions that has been posted.  Also if we have the knee jerk reaction like the gun-grabbers, etc... want us to have, then we're acting as they want and giving them more ammunition.  Let cooler heads prevail,  You will find that it will give you a more harmonious outcome.  Stay calm and think before you react.  We have been in tighter spots and overcame their desired outcome and we will do it again.

Charlie

I read the statement in its entirety as well.  In other words, the NRA is calling on members of Congress to squash talk of more gun control by moving the bump stock discussion back where it began in 2010: with the ATF, what they are saying is:

Let ATF Re-Evaluate Bump Stocks; Do Your Job, and Pass National Reciprocity

Notably, in 2010–when bump stocks were approved–the ATF saw no need for additional regulations. Moreover, Rick Vasquez, former acting chief of the Firearms Technology Branch of the ATF, told USA Today that bump stocks were legalized because they are “an accessory, not a conversion device.” And the distinction between “accessory” and “conversion devices” could not be more important; it is the difference between allowing a semiautomatic to mimic automatic fire in short bursts verses actually converting a semiautomatic into an automatic rifle.

The NRA’s statement concludes:

In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans’ Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities.  To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence.

So the NRA is asking Congress to end the gun control talk arising from the bump stock by sending it to the ATF, away from Congress’s purview. They say this with hopes that Congress will then become serious about passing concealed carry reciprocity.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5599462903001/

I will go out on a limb - I support Mr. LePierre's POV. I will not debate my thoughts - 

As I have said on FB - if we can get National Reciprocity I don't care if they want to review/regulate this type of stock. IMHO, at the end of the day I fight for the 2nd Amendment and this stock never being part of the conversation before, nobody had problems before it's introduction in the market in regards to the argument for our 2nd Amendment, it's not worth us -2nd Amendment supporters - getting divided over.  That's my last post on this thread.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I'm STILL uncomfortable with letting a bureaucracy decide ANY 2A question!!

(Optional)

we could learn sompthin

The Army teaches us that "Hope is not a method" and that we should not try to guess what the enemy will do but rather consider the possibilities available to him"

so, -- the option is available to us: learn how to provide better security for our Events.

if this idea makes sense -- the thing to do is to share it -- where we can.

On 10/9/2017 at 3:28 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

I'm STILL uncomfortable with letting a bureaucracy decide ANY 2A question!!

I hear ya....but that’s already been in play for sometime....sadly.

GG

Folks, it was a stupid play by the NRA. The stocks DO NOT make it a machine gun by BATFE's own definition. This green light  by the NRA is bad news. The opposition NEVER keeps their word. BATFE is now going to have to find an expert to negate what was already decided on by a previous BATFE expert. YOU DONT GIVE A MOUSE A COOKIE!!! HE WILL THEN ASK FOR A GLASS OF MILK. I DON'T SEE HOW SOME OF YOU TRUST THE LEFT TO KEEP THEIR WORD. The NRA has let us down and signaled this to the RINO's

What you are hearing in the news is not totally true. They (the media) are telling half truths to divide and conquer NRA members.

Watch this video in my other post. Then you will understand why the NRA is taking the stand that it did.

Did it ever occur to any of you that the obummer administration may have put all this into play hoping that a tragedy like Vegas would give the left the ammunition it desperately needs to ban all semi-automatic firearms???

I for one wouldn't put ANYTHING no matter how despicable the act past the radical left.

What terrifies me the most is that there is a distinct possibility that the radical left, especially antifa and bam (which are terrorists organizations by anyone definition) will use horrific gun violence as the means to an end. THINK ABOUT IT.......

Archived