SASS Wire Forum

2018 ~ CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN ~ 2018 **UPDATE 3-31-18**

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

OK folks, just finished loading all my BP rounds. Hoping there's a few of ya willing to do the same.

Gonna lots of smoke and flame from this pard. Maybe style points will move me up a place or two from 12th. No? Well, we're gonna have fun anyway! :lol:

We sure are!  One more week!

On 1/20/2018 at 5:56 PM, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

Hey Tucker old pard don't forget to bring the salsa!!

CPK,  6lbs of salsa ready to go.  I’ll be at the campground tomorrow.  

Looking like the high will be mid 30s with less wind and no snow. Ready to rock and roll. Jacob at Heartland Public Shooting Park did one hell of a job on breaking up the ice on the range today. He deserves kudos from all the shooters. He and I are meeting at 7:30 to finish prepping the range but barring anything unexpected we will be tearing up 5 stages tomorrow. Sorry I had to call today, but when I fell climbing out of the truck, I had no choice. I feel bad for my shooters. At least the banquet and food was awesome. We will have our showdown tomorrow

I would like to say thanks to all those that came for the Showdown.  I know several have had to cancel for weather and such... And boy it has not been nice weather.   But I sure appreciate the amount of interest we had for the event this year... At one time 13 Classics had been signed up!  I hope the interest continues.  

Hopefully the few of us left up here in the cold can battle it out for a few stages and see who gets crowned this year's Classic Cowboy Showdown Champion!

Congrats, Major on a very well shot match. You certainly beat the cold and windy weather with your shooting today. Yeah, you beat the rest of us too ;) but doing so under these conditions was even more impressive. Well done, little brother! Congrats on winning the Classic Cowboy showdown. That buckle sure is purdy !!!  :D:D:D

My hat (the fuzzy rabbit fur warm one) is off to StirrupTrouble for pulling off a GREAT shoot in the most adverse conditions possible.

Well done my friend!!!

I think I will brew me a large blue cup of Arbuckles, play a game of solitaire and reflect on a great weekend.

(You Classics know what I mean):lol:

Thanks Fellas!  I had a great match considering how the weather was... boy was it something! 

I want to thank everyone that signed up for this years Classic Cowboy Showdown, we had a large group of 13 that originally signed up!  Which is an amazing turnout for the classics at a state match I think!  But the terrible winter weather kept many from being able to attend... so in the end we had 8 of us that braved the cold and windy weather to battle it out for five staged to see who would come out on top!  My hat is off to you fellas that stuck with it for those five stages, it was tough! 

Below is a photo of a group of us at the Banquet Saturday evening.  Sadly our good pard and the 2017 Classic Cowboy Shootist Award recipient, Chili Pepper Kid did not make the picture. 

IMG_20180414_183724_01.thumb.jpg.5e5f4b55f3ddcda82eb6a0a1b8a0d46c.jpg

In the end the top three shooters who received the awards in the showdown were:

1st - Major Art Tillery (Buckle)

2nd - Dantankerous (Silver Coin)

3rd - Stirrup Trouble (Copper Coin)

8th - Sam McNeely (Loading Strip that was Graciously Donated for last place in the Showdown)

I hope you all had fun and will join the Classic Cowboy Showdown for 2019, as I plan on doing it again.  If you have any suggestions, comments, an idea of where to hold it, or anything to help improve this little Classic Cowboy Showdown we have created.. please contact me and let me know.  Would really like the input!   I would really like to make this whole idea grow and turn into something really great.  You Classics are some of the greatest folks I have met and I am glad to call you all my pards!  Till we meet again down the Trail Fellas!

Archived