SASS Wire Forum

New gear and helpful advice

Ginny Hinny

New member in the midst of acquiring new gear. I want to give a big thanks to all of those over-the-top friendly folks at Ruckus in the Nations for showing a couple of greenhorns the ropes.  My boyfriend (Sargent Saywut) and i attended in the hopes of picking up a few pointers and we were not disappointed.   A special thanks to Better Half and her partner for allowing us to handle ther weapons and explaining a few things to us.  It was invaluable and the information was soaked up like a dry sponge that had been left in the desert for too long. There were a few others that aided us in our quest but I apologize for not recalling your aliases. So if you saw a couple of newbies that looked a bit lost and got us back on track, thank you also.  The rumors of this being the friendliest sport are all true.

Well, this weekend "Sarge" presented me with the sweetest gift.  As to their helpful advice and guidance, i was given a pair of Ruger Vaqueros with the smoothest action job done by Jimmy Spurs of Cowboy Gunworks.  They are a beautiful pair that received the first ammo feeding and i was ecstatic at how well they performed.  I am SO excited to being one step closer to my first match! 

IMG_8644.JPG

59d38803be306_WantedPoster-SgtSaywutGinnyHinny.JPG.f2736c54c5916935b12ca90b2ba2295f.JPG

This DUO are WANTED for Cowboy Action Shooting (CAS)

They have both shown an interest in the sport and should be considered as a candidate.

It’s well known they are both ARMED; however, they may still be seen inquiring about obtaining additional firearms, in particular single action revolvers, lever action rifles and shotguns. Proceed with CAUTION when providing them with only viable suggestions.

Until they turn themselves in to the local law (Match Director [MD], Territorial Governor [TG]) they should definitely be considered DANGEROUS for asking many questions about CAS.

If seen on the SASS WIRE, be sure to extend a hardy WELCOME.

13 hours ago, Ginny Hinny said:

Well, this weekend "Sarge" presented me with the sweetest gift.  As to their helpful advice and guidance, i was given a pair of Ruger Vaqueros with the smoothest action job done by Jimmy Spurs of Cowboy Gunworks.  They are a beautiful pair that received the first ammo feeding and i was ecstatic at how well they performed.  I am SO excited to being one step closer to my first match! 

IMG_8644.JPG

How do I get on his Christmas list?  Those are GORGEOUS! Congratulations.  Now it's time to get out there and start having fun. :D

Archived