SASS Wire Forum

Las Vegas Shooting

Subdeacon Joe

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://abc13.com/what-we-know-about-las-vegas-mass-shooting-gunman/2478338/

Sure sounds like a full auto to me!!

Prayers up for the families of the victims!

If it was indeed full auto, there will be lots of questions pertaining to that. Real answers may be slow to arrive.

Motive is what interests me. 

And his background.

Condolences and prayers to all the victims.

This report said he had 10 rifles in his room!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/multiple-people-shot-at-las-vegas-music-festival

37 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

This report said he had 10 rifles in his room!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/multiple-people-shot-at-las-vegas-music-festival

Premeditated as hell.

The guy had an agenda. 

I would think that you would be unable to open a window in the 32nd floor.  If you shoot out a window, wouldn't falling glass raise a red flag to folks below?

I'm sure some of you vets know more about automatic weapons than I, but I've been watching Fox, saw a live video and timed one burst of at least 10 seconds. Sounds like some sort of belt fed machine gun. I once heard some M60's firing, and it sounded even faster than a 60. Too long of strings for a mag fed weapon. I did get to shoot a 16 once, only had a 20rd mag, and it was one good burp.

JHC

Now ISIS is claiming responsibilty for this, do you believe this???

Now it's up to 58 dead and and over 500 injured! Just horrific!

Prayers out to all the victims and their families!

I think I'll just sit back, watch, and listen for a while!  After the dust settles, we'll likely have a better understanding of all that's involved.

But y'all just watch the grabbers do their dead level best to make hay with this event!!

23 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I think I'll just sit back, watch, and listen for a while!  After the dust settles, we'll likely have a better understanding of all that's involved.

But y'all just watch the grabbers do their dead level best to make hay with this event!!

True, early reports tend to be inaccurate. What can you say other than it's a horrible thing. Add in that the mainstream media is now only a propaganda machine, you're hesitant to believe anything they say. And yes, the anti crowd will be certain to play it to the hilt.

JHC :(

44 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I'm sure some of you vets know more about automatic weapons than I, but I've been watching Fox, saw a live video and timed one burst of at least 10 seconds. Sounds like some sort of belt fed machine gun. I once heard some M60's firing, and it sounded even faster than a 60. Too long of strings for a mag fed weapon. I did get to shoot a 16 once, only had a 20rd mag, and it was one good burp.

JHC

The sound of the weapon I heard was most likely 5.56mm. 7.62 belt fed ammo makes a hell of a roar. You can get up to 150 rd drum mags for the m16/ar15.

5 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Unimaginable horrific tragedy.

Hopefully this tragic shooting will not turn into any kind of racial, ethnic, political, or religious, agenda.

Prayers up for so many.

Already started, BQ...  :(

I just received this. :(

Just informed that one of our 1st SFG brothers lost his wife last night in the Las Vegas shoot-out. She died in his arms.. Wife of 32 years, a mother of two, soon to be grandmother of 5....

RIP Fair Lady
Vaya con Dios..

Horrible!

Hard to make sense of what little info has been shared.

Reports indicate that the shooters father was a bank robber once on the FBI's 10 most wanted list.

He had been gambling heavily-what role did this play?

He had a plane and a pilot's license.

ISIS claimed responsibility, but there seems to be no connection.  If they had turned him, wouldn't a plane be a more dangerous weapon?  Certainly would fit their MO.

It is all very hard to process-prayers go out for all involved.

44 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Hopefully this tragic shooting will not turn into any kind of racial, ethnic, political, or religious, agenda.

Prayers up for so many.

Was politicalized early before the facts were known.

Prayers up for all those affected by last night's shooting. And, continued prayers for the first responders, police , SWAT, nurses and doctors in their efforts today.

2 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Prayers up for all those affected by last night's shooting. And, continued prayers for the first responders, police , SWAT, nurses and doctors in their efforts today.

+1

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The sound of the weapon I heard was most likely 5.56mm. 7.62 belt fed ammo makes a hell of a roar. You can get up to 150 rd drum mags for the m16/ar15.

I was kinda thinking that, from what I could tell from the TV. The 60 was kind of a poppoppop and not a continuous roar like the 16. They're saying on the "news" even though its Fox that they were converted AR15's. Haven't heard anything official. Of course, every time these things happen it's an AR15 and the anti-gun nuts crawl out of the woodwork like roaches. Did you seethe the White House news conference? Nearly every question was about gun control.

JHC

3 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I was kinda thinking that, from what I could tell from the TV. The 60 was kind of a poppoppop and not a continuous roar like the 16. They're saying on the "news" even though its Fox that they were converted AR15's. Haven't heard anything official. Of course, every time these things happen it's an AR15 and the anti-gun nuts crawl out of the woodwork like roaches. Did you the the White House news conference? Nearly every question was about gun control.

JHC

I am not watching any more news today. Just videos and ore recorded programs.

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

How does that work?  Never heard of such a thing!  Must be like a snaildrum magazine for a German Luger (P08).??? 

It's a good day to work in the wood shop and listen to satellite radio music. No news all day after the first report at 4:00am that I saw.

4 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Prayers up for so many.

Are you betting it WON'T happen?

Here's an idea....how about they pass a law stating no one is allowed to publicly comment in the media about gun control or gun laws or gun violence until they can prove they actually KNOW what the laws are we already have....I know I shouldn't be reading any comments about this tragedy anywhere but here, but on every other forum I've seen today, the hatred shown by both sides of the issue is just almost as bad as the evil that demon committed....I REALLY need a kitten right bout now......:(  or to unbury my DVD player and box of DVDs....

1 minute ago, Calico Mary said:

Here's an idea....how about they pass a law stating no one is allowed to publicly comment in the media about gun control or gun laws or gun violence until they can prove they actually KNOW what the laws are we already have....I know I shouldn't be reading any comments about this tragedy anywhere but here, but on every other forum I've seen today, the hatred shown by both sides of the issue is just almost as bad as the evil that demon committed....I REALLY need a kitten right bout now......:(  or to unbury my DVD player and box of DVDs....

You're absolutely right. It's the way these things always go. The gun haters want to say it's some crazy ultra right wing neo-nazi type, and the muslim haters are just as quick to blame ISIS. And always without a shred of evidence, when it usually turns out to be something entirely different, either much simpler or much more complicated.

13 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/national-firearms-act

1 hour ago, Trailrider #896 said:

How does that work?  Never heard of such a thing!  Must be like a snaildrum magazine for a German Luger (P08).??? 

The shooter in the Aurora theater massacre used one as I recall. Fortunately it jammed.

AR15 drum.jpg

Archived