SASS Wire Forum

Illegal ammo, time to change it? apparently no interest

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

2 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

I haven't walked a mile in your shoes, nor would I want to.  But from my vantage point it seems the more you try to clarify, the more WtC questions you get.  I would think that if you have fewer, more basic rules, you'd have fewer questions.  What isn't expressly forbidden in the rules is legal.  Simple and straight forward.  Even Ole Lumpy Grits could understand. :P  Of course I know what looks good on paper doesn't always turn out the way in real life. :(

Pick one (SASS rules are a combination of some of these options, dependent on the section cited):

There are four Government Models in Europe: 

The English Model - All is permitted, except that which is forbidden. 
The German Model - All is forbidden, except that which is permitted. 
The Russian Model - All is forbidden, including that which is permitted. 
The French Model - All is permitted, including that which is forbidden.

or

Everything that is not forbidden is compulsory

:ph34r:

The Model we used when I was teaching elementary school (35 years of extending knowledge, beating back ignorance and boldly going where no class has gone before--which got me in trouble a time or two) was:

Management by Crisis:  deal with the most pressing crisis you have at the time and  then move to the next one.  There was never enough time to keep all the plates in the air

cheyenne 

2 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

The Model we used when I was teaching elementary school (35 years of extending knowledge, beating back ignorance and boldly going where no class has gone before--which got me in trouble a time or two) was:

Management by Crisis:  deal with the most pressing crisis you have at the time and  then move to the next one.  There was never enough time to keep all the plates in the air

cheyenne 

Many years ago a supervisor of mine in the Air Force put a unique twist on that exact concept.  He asked, "What do you do when you're surrounded by alligators?  You beat off the biggest ones first." :lol:

24 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

Many years ago a supervisor of mine in the Air Force put a unique twist on that exact concept.  He asked, "What do you do when you're surrounded by alligators?  You beat off the biggest ones first." :lol:

We probably attacked the closest one based on time--when we solved it or time ran out . . . on to the next one

cr

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, Shooting Bull said:

I'd add one small bit of info to that.  "Unless stage instructions specify, ammo does not have to be loaded "from the body"."  If I want to carry an entire box of shotgun shells to the line and set it wherever I'm shooting the shotgun, so be it. There's most definitely no competitive advantage so, why prohibit it?

Just to add. Even though stage instruction do not include that ammo maybe staged, (if so, a penalty). Over my decade of attending matches, there have always been new shooters, or youngsters that do not have shotgun belts or carriers attached to their gunbelt, or those with limited loops, and the stage calls for more then they can carry. Every event I've been to, has allowed the shooter to stage the ammo and a penalty never given.

In a way the penalty is accessed on those that do have the capacity, and then stage. If it was assessed on those that don't have the needed capacity, and cover misses, or new shooters without all the needs, wonder how many would still have good feelings about the game if assessed penalties? Its one of those penalties and rule I would like to see eliminated, unless its a safety issue, it doesn't make one faster reloading off the prop, or does it?  MT

oh sure,,, talk about bugs and such til I give up and then get serious again!!:P

This was ALL so much simpler when the rule book looked like this!! <_< 

IMG_2539.jpg

7 hours ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Just to add. Even though stage instruction do not include that ammo maybe staged, (if so, a penalty). Over my decade of attending matches, there have always been new shooters, or youngsters that do not have shotgun belts or carriers attached to their gunbelt, or those with limited loops, and the stage calls for more then they can carry. Every event I've been to, has allowed the shooter to stage the ammo and a penalty never given.

In a way the penalty is accessed on those that do have the capacity, and then stage. If it was assessed on those that don't have the needed capacity, and cover misses, or new shooters without all the needs, wonder how many would still have good feelings about the game if assessed penalties? Its one of those penalties and rule I would like to see eliminated, unless its a safety issue, it doesn't make one faster reloading off the prop, or does it?  MT

3 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

My feelings EXACTLY

+1000000000000000000000000

41 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

This was ALL so much simpler when the rule book looked like this!! <_< 

(C) 1992...24 pages:

20170928_220250.jpg

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:32 PM, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Pick one (SASS rules are a combination of some of these options, dependent on the section cited):

There are four Government Models in Europe: 

The English Model - All is permitted, except that which is forbidden. 
The German Model - All is forbidden, except that which is permitted. 
The Russian Model - All is forbidden, including that which is permitted. 
The French Model - All is permitted, including that which is forbidden.

or

Everything that is not forbidden is compulsory

:ph34r:

PWB, it's not that true, in France is only permitted all which is not forbidden, BUT you pay the fine first then you debate and you always loose the case!!!;)

6 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

(C) 1992...24 pages:

20170928_220250.jpg

I COULD GO FOR THAT!!

8 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

(C) 1992...24 pages:

20170928_220250.jpg

I have a bunch of these.Back then, the qualifier for equipment was: "If it looks Cowboy, it's Cowboy". All disputes were settled by: "If Gene, Roy or Hoppy wouldn't do it, then you can't do it".

All the the run-away rules started escalating when a few folks missed the boat and thought that this was a real shooting sport, rather than a Fantasy Game.

Snakebite

47 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

All the the run-away rules started escalating when a few folks missed the boat and thought that this was a real shooting sport, rather than a Fantasy Game.

Snakebite

Amen to that

9 hours ago, Snakebite said:

I have a bunch of these.Back then, the qualifier for equipment was: "If it looks Cowboy, it's Cowboy". All disputes were settled by: "If Gene, Roy or Hoppy wouldn't do it, then you can't do it".

Snakebite

Don't forget,

...if you have to ask permission to use something because it offers you a competitive advantage, the response will nearly always be "no".

SHB EIGHTH EDITION (July, 1999) p.25

Archived