SASS Wire Forum

Getting This TSSD Thing Going

Subdeacon Joe

I sent my first actual informational mass email out earlier today.  I'm thinking that unless there is something that requires immediate action - contacting legislators or Gov. Brown - on stuff that is moving fast, I will try to limit my emails to once a week, or maybe every other week.  I'm thinking also that I will post it here for all to see, as there may be some that are interested but don't want to be on a group email list.

Here is my offering for this weekend.

This is put together by the NRA, CRPA, and Michel & Assoc, one of the lead pro-civil rights legal firms.

file:///C:/Users/SubDJ/Downloads/NRA-CRPA-CA-Legal-Affairs-Report-August-2017.pdf

if that doesn't work, try:  http://crpa.org/legal-affairs-report/ and download the PDF.  

It is a thumbnail of of the cases, usually with links to more detailed information.

Thank you for supporting the efforts to restore our civil rights.

I'm still working out how I'm going to do this.  I think, for now, I'll close with a quote and maybe a comment of my own.

As we know the anti-civil rights crowd likes to throw Schenck (1919) out as how rights are limited.  Here is the portion of that decision that applies, and my translation of it:

“The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic. It does not even protect a man from an injunction against uttering words that may have all the effect of force.” Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919)

If we translate Schenck to apply to the 2nd, it would read something like “The most stringent protection of the rights to keep and bear arms would not protect a man in wantonly opening fire in a theatre and causing death, injury, and panic.  It does not even protect a man who brandishes a firearm in public with the intent of causing fear and panic among the people.”

Cordially,

Subdeacon Joe 

Hmmmm....seeing it here I notice that I need to add a salutation and a better valediction.   

Archived