SASS Wire Forum

Short Stroke & Classic Cowboy

Long Johns Wolf

Howdy from Germany. We had this discussion yesterday.

Can one start in the CC category with short stroked rifle and/or pistols given the correct caliber?

If memory serves they were illegal a few years ago.

But I don't know about the Status today.

Thanks

Long Johns Wolf

Yes they are allowed, the restrictions are on shooting style, firearm, firearm caliber and clothing......not gunsmithing improvements. Never has been a stock category or stock restrictions in a category. Hammer double must use working hammers;) Good Luck:)

CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL
Any Main Match fixed sight model revolver. Revolvers must be shot duelist or double duelist style. See Duelist description for required shooting technique.
Rifles: Any 1873 or earlier manufacture SASS–legal rifle or a replica  there of (e.g., 1866 Winchester, 1860 Henry, 1873 Winchester).
Revolver and rifle calibers: .40 caliber or larger, rimmed cartridges. Examples include, but are not limited to, .38-40, .44 Special, .44 Russian, .44 Mag., .44-40, .45 Schofield, .45 Colt or .36 caliber or larger cap and ball.
May use any SASS–legal ammunition as long as it adheres to the above caliber restrictions.
Shotguns: SASS–legal external hammer double barrel, single shot, or lever actions.
External-hammer double barrel shotguns must have manually functioning hammers. Faux hammers and hammers that are cocked internally are illegal.
Costuming: Must choose at least five of the requirements listed below.

They were never outlawed not here in the USA anyway! I shot Classic Cowboy for a few years and all my guns were short stroked and slicked up!

someone may have gotten mixed up with NCOWS,  they don't allow modifications beyond slicking up

The 1866 in my avatar picture is a Codymatic that at the time of said picture was used for classic cowboy. Although it was digesting the classic powder,honest to God gun powder.                 Adios   Sgt. Jake

46 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

CC ,,,, means at least 2 CC of black don't it ????

Jabez Cowboy

:lol::lol: ...... I like a Canadian with a good sense of humor.

I thought the restrictions on short-stroked rifles was only in the 'Hondo' category.

..........Widder

Archived