SASS Wire Forum

FOUND THEM .........CLOSE PLS.

Throckmorton,23149

The .32-20 never used heeled bullets.  It was always inside lubed.  A heeled bullet in a .32-20 would result in a bullet that is grossly over bore size.

If he is looking for a heeled .32 then he might have either a .32 long or short colt (if in center fire) or one of the many obsolete .32 rim fire calibers.

Buffalo Arms sells a 90 to 100 gr bullet that I use to load both my .32 rim fire reloads and my .32 colts.  

They are not lubed but you don't want them to be until after it's loaded or it will gum up your dies.  

Load the bullet then paint on some Lee's liquid alox in the groove & give it a day or two to dry.  

Works just fine with BP or nitro.

However, If he puts them into a .32/20 case the heel will be too small to stay.  

The reason is that the heel of a .32 of this type is sub .310.

Only the bearing surface will be around .314 like that of the 32/20.

If it is a rim fire caliber and he still wants to shoot it, drop me a line and I'll put him onto where he can get his supplies and instructions

on the process.  It's a labor of love because there just isn't any other reason to do it.  

But some of us just have to shoot the darn things because we have them and that's reason enough for the deranged.

Reloading ".32 Colt center fire"  (not ".32 colt new police", that's just .32 S&W)  isn't a big deal.

Here is a link to some Boolets with heals,  LOL

http://www.bouletboots.com/shop/:D

Why?  Why would anyone want to go through all the trouble to load a healed bullet in a cartridge that was not designed for it?  Is he trying to do something for a custom gun or have some problem he is tyring to address?  There are several problems with trying to do this.  For one he will need a special crimping die as the normal crimp die will not work with heeled bullets.  Also, depending on the OD of the driving bands and the length of the bullet sticking out in front of the case mouth it won't chamber in a standard .32-20 chamber.  Has he got something special he is working with?

He does shoot Martini's,and old Colts,and yes this really is the bloolit he's looking for and needs. 

why the pointed comments, the man needs what he needs. 

Not intended to be pointed.  Having experimented with all kinds of weird combinations and wasted a lot of money just trying to be helpful and save someone from a fool's errand.  For the Martini you can try these guys.  They have the proper bullets.  An old Colt IF chambered in .32-20 will not accept these bullets.  To get the proper answer you have to ask a proper question.  There is no such thing as a healed .32-20 bullet.  A bullet suitable for a .310 Martini is a different thing.

http://www.castbulletengineering.com.au/bullet-moulds/rifle/310-cadet

Make sure you tell us how they work out. Crimping a heeled bullet can be a challenge, as I found out when I loaded a bunch of 22 lr with Black powder.

Archived