SASS Wire Forum

Bullet loops on holsters

Keystone, SASS # 47578

Well,

I tried searching various worded searches for the topic regarding using bullets from bullet loops on holsters. Although I thought there was a topic for this and it is not allowed, alas I can't find the thread. Y'all's help would be appreciated.

Muchas Gracias, Keystone

Bandoleer,  Belt, Pocket, pouch or holster. Slides are included for carrying ammo to the line.

From the "Nervous Nelly" standpoint, or Murphy's spirit is lurking around, I do NOT like cartridge loops on holsters.  While I have never heard of it happening, I would be concerned about the possibility of striking a primer with the muzzle of the gun during re-holstering.  It is for this reason that I do NOT put cartridge loops on around the top of my Millet-Fechet holster, although the referenced illustration shows them. 

Thanks y'all for correcting my not so clear memory on this issue. Prior to posting I did read the SHB & was unable to find the previous post after many search attempts. Just needed clarification which y'all provided. I've still never seen shotshell hoops on a holster. 

Hasta Luego, Keystone

PS A mind is a terrible thing to waste, especially an aging one.

I have not seen SG loops on a holster either but it was brought up on the wire about two years ago.

Archived