SASS Wire Forum

EOTECH need some assistance

Red Cent

I am sure that some of you are familiar with the class action suit.  Following instructions, I sent my EOTECH to them with the form. Now I receive this.

-----------------

Class Member ID: 309390K3P2BF5

A court authorized this communication. This is not a solicitation.

A settlement has been reached (“Settlement”) in the class action lawsuit titled Andrew Tyler Foster, et al. v. L-3 Communications EOTech, et al., Case No. 6:15-CV-03519-BCW. Pursuant to the Court’s order granting preliminary approval of the settlement, the claims administrator provided notice of the Settlement to you.

The Court granted final approval of the Settlement, and thus we are providing a Voucher in the amount of $22.50 toward the purchase of a Current Model Holographic Weapon Sight or other EOTech product. To use your Voucher please enter the below Voucher Number when completing your purchase at www.eotechgear.com..

VOUCHER NUMBER: VP7A-DDB4-ZVHJ

Terms and Conditions: In the event that vouchers are not used within one year of issuance, they will expire, cannot be used, and have no cash value.

Now they have my EOTECH and they gave me $22.50 for it. Have any of you ran into this?

You would be better off looking at any number of tactile rifle sites for detailed info.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Sending-your-EOTech-back-to-Foster-s-now-that-EOTech-has-stopped-taking-them-back-directly-/18-711639/

OLG

I love my EoTech's, the suit was bs. I'd never return mine for a refund. I bought a AR with one already on it once, and it would not turn on. I called, got a return authorization, and it was back fixed a few weeks later no charge. 

John-The suit was NOT BS!  2 of my sons who were active duty mil with multiple combat deployments had the POA/POI shift issues to the point They removed the EOT sights for issue ACOGS.

One son was special ops(Army Ranger)and his entire regiment removed the EOT's because of this POI issue. Then there was the issue with short battery life on many of them.

My SIL is a LEO and is issued a M4 that came with the EOT. The dept he worked for had so many issues with them that the sights were removed.

I have seen this POI shift with EOT myownself-I wouldn't run one if it was given to me!

Never have had any issue with my ACOG and the green chevron reticle.

Respectfully,

OLG

I had a great experience when I returned mine.

They sent me a return authorization on Feb 16th and I got my refund about 4 weeks later for $409.00.

This was the approval email they sent me:

Dear Customer,

Your refund request has been received and approved.   Please follow the instructions below for returning your optic and obtaining a refund.        

Due to Shipping regulations please remove and discard all batteries prior to shipping

MPO and HHS product must include both components

EOTech will add 15.00 return shipping on to your refund amount.  We will process your refund request as soon as possible.

Refund Checklist

In order to process your refund we must have included in the return:

1.      This email authorization printed and enclosed

2.      Your printed Refund Request enclosed

3.      Your matching HWS product enclosed  

Please Mark and Ship your product to:

EOTECH REFUNDS

1201 E Ellsworth Rd

Ann Arbor Mi 48108

( save your USPS tracking information to serve as proof of arrival while your refund is being processed)

Sincerely,L-3 EOTech

Sincerely,

EOTech Customer Service

EOTech- An L-3 Communications Company

1201 E. Ellsworth Rd., Ann Arbor, MI  48108

www.eotech-inc.com

To submit a repair request double click   www.eotech-inc.com/raform.php

To obtain FAQ, Troubleshooting and order replacment parts click www.eotechinc.com/hws-service-and-support/parts-and-repair

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

John-The suit was NOT BS!  2 of my sons who were active duty mil with multiple combat deployments had the POA/POI shift issues to the point They removed the EOT sights for issue ACOGS.

One son was special ops(Army Ranger)and his entire regiment removed the EOT's because of this POI issue. Then there was the issue with short battery life on many of them.

My SIL is a LEO and is issued a M4 that came with the EOT. The dept he worked for had so many issues with them that the sights were removed.

I have seen this POI shift with EOT myownself-I wouldn't run one if it was given to me!

Never have had any issue with my ACOG and the green chevron reticle.

Respectfully,

OLG

That's why I bought and Aimpoint. I no longer have it because I sold it  with  one of my AR's. But, if I ever buy another red dot sight it will be another Aimpoint.

4 hours ago, Red Cent said:

Now they have my EOTECH and they gave me $22.50 for it. Have any of you ran into this?

Red Cent,  have you called EOTech?

John-It was proven in court, that EOTech knew well about the POI shift issue for a very long time and did NOTHING about it. They were able to duplicate it in their testing.

They lied to everyone about it.

I truly hope yours don't fail either. -_-

OLG

I am getting my bearings on this matter. Thought before I jumped in the soiree I would touch base with the largest consumer base I know that deal with firearms. Guess I will pick up the phone Monday morning and start the process. Hopefully, I will waste only my time getting my refund.

Howdy,

I hunted for a deal on one.

I bought it, mounted it and heard about the shift deal.

Unmounted it, repackaged it  and shipped it back for refund.

I never shot a round.

I got  a full refund....

And bought a 2-7 regular scope from Redfield.

Works fer me.

Hope Red Cent gits a little luck there.

Best

CR

Actually this has been beat to death on ARFCOM and M4 websites, seems you waited too long. Until just recently folks got up to full retail refunds now that the suit is settled,  you get the twenty some odd bucks, there are NOT 2 separate refunds coming, IF you didn't get a retail refund (which EOTech is no longer giving),  you only get the twenty some bucks!  .........old adage about you snooze you lose....but many folks don't follow these forums and didn't hear about it as others did.

and while you may love your EOTech, as was said it was a fact they had problems the manufacturer kept hidden, hence a lawsuit, and refunds.

Had a couple friends sons and such complain about the batteries just going dead at inopportune times while in the sand box.

Archived