SASS Wire Forum

Western Carvings

Smoken D

I finished these with my machine and made them for an upcoming auction for the kids camp I volunteer at. Made them out of Cherry Wood and are 8" x 48" in size. The top one is a Stampede with a cowboy on horse shooting his gun along with another mounted cowboy cracking his rope. The center is a couple of mounted cowboys heading the heard home. The bottom is a 6 horse  Stagecoach along with mounted cowboy. All have mountains in the background, trees, brush. Hope to raise a lot with these.

Western Carvings.jpg

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Wow!...and I will bet they look a lot better in person. Very nice. 

Yea, photo on this don't show the texture, 3D depth, or how well you can really see the entire thing. Also the size of being four feet length. 

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Smoken:

Can distant folks bid, on line or otherwise?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to take a shot at one of those fine works...

LL

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Dinggggg...Give that man a cigar!

+1  

14 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Smoken:

Can distant folks bid, on line or otherwise?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to take a shot at one of those fine works...

LL

12 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Dinggggg...Give that man a cigar!

+1  

This will be our 2nd auction for the kids camp. Being our first we had hoped for raising at least $15,000 and we cleared right at $27,000. It's not that big of an auction to be on line. I also am the treasurer at the camp and on the auction committee. We discussed bids from those who would not be there. That would have to fall on each individual how they would want to handle the situation. I had these appraised through my woodworking guild and each was valued of at least $350 each. That will be the amount I will list as value. The auction is not till April 7th, 2018, so why have I made these so early? I don't like carving and running my machine during the winter, cold if you know what I mean. A few years ago I had $18 in the camp account and that year the camp would not open unless something happen. Several individuals helped out and we just made it financially. Something had to be done so we came up with the auction idea where everything is donated. We charge $100 a week, Mon-Fri, for each kid. Where could you send a kid for a week, be feed 3 meals a day, and AC dorm for that? Also a large swimming pool and lots of other things.

Anyway, back to the question of bidding. I would be open to act as an agent for someone. Also I could get another to act as an agent. I would cover the bid and shipping cost because I trust our cowboys & cowgirls. That's the cowboy way. So, if anyone is interested PM me with your top bid. If you want better pictures let me know, I'll do my best. Also, the bid may go that the winner will have choice of the first one, and choice of choosing 2 or all 3 for that bid amount. Let me know. In other words if that bid went for $350 then you would have choice of 1 for that amount, or take all 3 for a total of $1,050 + the shipping cost. Also before the auction I would contact you to verify if you still want to do the bidding since it is a ways off from now and I know how things can go in life. 

Now, I did not do this to drum up any business for the auction. It was kinda show off and thought you guys would like seeing some western carvings that I think are kinda cool. I am not a business and don't want to get into that. I do woodworking for friends and this auction. I enjoy giving others things I make. Here is the other 2 things I carved for the auction.

002.JPG

003.JPG

Guest Grass Range #51406

You must be very patient. ALSO, I would be in the market for one of these if you sell other than the auction. I would like a close up pic. Thanks

Archived